U-he has published updates for most of its plugin lineup.
After spending the early part of the summer organising, moving office and refining their workflow, U-he got back to work and there apparently was a lot to do — collecting, prioritising, filtering, implementing and refining a slew of outstanding bugfixes and feature requests. Finally, the work is done and many updates are available for most of their plugins (yes, even Podolski). Improvements, fixes, changes (etc) include:
- UI improvements:
- All plugin UIs now have 10% scaling, from 70% to 200%.
- The ACE UI is now clearer and has new modulation sources.
- Diva UI was also improved for increased clarity.
- The Zebra2 "Unempty Dark Horse" skin is now complete.
- And finally, a number of small graphics issues in various plugins are fixed.
- Configuration menu:
Bazille, Zebra2, Hive, Diva, ACE and Podolski now have a configuration menu (look for the cogwheel icon). This menu houses:
- MIDI learn: a visual overlay for assigning MIDI controls to the plugin interface
- MIDI list table: editable list of assigned MIDI controls
- Preferences: global settings for controls, appearance and audio
- Host/DAW issues:
- The “missing UI” bug in Logic and Studio One is fixed. Our customer support team breathes a sigh of relief.
- A number of small issues were fixed in Logic X, Studio One, Cubase, Reaper, Digital Performer, ProTools, Maschine and Kore
- Everything else:
Additionally, these updates include a heap of general improvements: fixed stuck and dropped notes, improved MIDI timing, new FX parameters… apparently, too many to be listed.
- More to come:
A few more updates are on the way: Satin and Presswerk need a little extra work before they are ready for release. Also, the Linux versions will be updated with the latest improvements.
On a side note, internal tests at U-he showed that all plugins work with Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) and Windows 10 without any issues.
All updates are free for current owners of the plugins and can be installed over the existing versions. More details at u-he.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- U-He releases new Hive Science soundset U-He has released Hive Science, a new soundset for Hive by Howard Scarr and Kevin Schröder.
- Status releases free "De Fuse" presets U-he's Hive Status has released releases De Fuse, a free collection of 51 presets for Hive by U-he.
- Xmas Freeware : Protoverb In case there's still room under the tree, U-he offers Protoverb, a free experimental reverb based on the idea of a "room simulator".