The UAD Software in v8.0
Universal Audio had announced it at NAMM, its UAD Software is now available in version 8.0 with the famous Apollo Expanded and Console 2.0.
The UAD Software 8.0 is available for UAD-2 DSP cards and Apollo audio interfaces. For the latter, Universal Audio has developed the Apollo Expanded software, which allows for combining up to 4 Apollo interfaces (Apollo Twin, Apollo DUO, Apollo QUAD and Apollo 16) and six UAD-2 cards on a Thunderbolt-equipped Mac computer.
Apollo Expanded also includes the Console 2.0 with more than 25 new features. This virtual console is currently available for Apollo Thunderbolt models only, it will be compatible with the FireWire editions on Mac and Windows this Fall.
Last, you’ll find with the Apollo Expanded a new Flex Driver that allows for customizing the Core Audio I/O as presets and share them between the different hardware and DAW setups.
The UAD Software 8.0 also adds new plug-ins for guitar players:
- Sound Machine Wood Works ($299): a plug-in that allows for recording any piezo-equipped acoustic-electric guitar in real time with the sound quality of a rich studio microphone ; for Apollo Twin, DUO and QUAD
- UA Distortion Essentials bundle ($249): three distortion plug-ins, including the reproduction of the famous Ibanez Tube Screamer TS808 (also available separately for $129), an emulation of the 80s’ Pro Co Rat called Raw Distortion and Bermuda Triangle, inspired by the Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi ; this bundle also includes the Unison technology
- Friedman Amplifiers Collection by Brainworx ($249): emulates two boutique guitar amps manufactured by David Friedman and inspired by classic British tube amps ; also included are an effect rack with lo-fi delay, noise gate and filter, 88 speaker impulse responses and a tuner ; for UAD-2 and Apollo
The update v8.0 is available at www.uaudio.com. Note that this version is compatible with OS X Yosemite.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Universal Audio releases three new UAD plug-ins Universal Audio's UAD Software v8.6, introduces the new Fender ’55 Tweed Deluxe, Chandler Limited Curve Bender and Sonnox Oxford Limiter v2 plugins.
- [MUSIKMESSE] UAD-2 Satellite USB DSP series Universal Audio presents its new line of UAD-2 Satellite USB DSP Accelerators, shipping Q2 2016.
- UAD Software v8.5 now available Version 8.5 of the UAD Software is now available, featuring new plugins by Brainworx, Softube and Sonnox.