Edirol UA-25

USB audio interface from Edirol belonging to the UA series

Thread System Setup

• 6 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 1 follower
1 System Setup
Alright,
Yah I got the new Edirol UA-25, but now I can't seem to get my MIDI working properly. I imagine I am just doing something wrong, but can't figure it out yet and thought you guys might figure it out before I do. So, my setup is as follows:

The edirol is plugged via USB into my laptop. I have my midi in and out into the edirol from my Roland JV-90. I am wanting to monitor through my Edirol headphone jack. When I listen through my Synth, I hear what I am recording and my playback no problem, but I want to be able to control the sound sample selections through my sequencer and listen to it all through the Edirol. Am I missing something completely?

Thanks for your help. :)
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to effectively wire my system to get my MIDI working properly? Do I need to hook up the 1/4" outputs from my synth to the XLR inputs on my Edirol to get that working properly? Does anyone know how to control the MIDI sounds on my synth through the sequencer rather than always changing the sounds on my synth itself manually? (I'm using Cubase) thanks a million guys.
No you need midi out on your synth. Or usb.
Hi Manowar,
Thanks for your response. I do have my midi in and out hooked up already, that is why I am able to record and playback while listening through my synth. I am wondering how to listen through my edirol. Don't I need to run an "audio" signal through it as well or am I mistaken?

Thanks...
The way you are trying to monitor, you will need to hook your line outputs on the synth to the line in on the UA-25.

So far as controlling you synth from your sequencer, I'm not sure about how to do it in Cubase, but in Cakewalk, you have to get an Instrument Definition file for your synth. I think Cubase calls them Patch Lists. This is nothing more that a data table that tells your sequencer how to communicate with your synth and what the patch maps are.

Try this link:

https://www.soundonsound.com/sos/feb01/articles/cubasenotes.asp
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD
I have written this many tiimes: try to get somewhere PCAudiolabs Cubase SX Manual and Tutorial.

But :) go to cubase select device tab -> device setup
Than select default midi ports and select your midi out your edirol midi out not synt out. I think that is your problem
Hey Manowar and Axeman.. thanks for the responses. I have gotten my synth now plugged into my Edirol, so that is good. I just have to get the patch lists and try to get that all set up. I imagine it will take a bit of time to figure that one out, but I'll see what I can manage. Eventually I'll get it working. Then once I get that sorted out I know the harder part will happen when I bring my mixing board and modules into the setup. So much fun getting this all back together again! Lots to learn.