Edirol UA-25
Edirol UA-25

USB audio interface from Edirol belonging to the UA series.

gaetangaetan gaetangaetan

«  Middle »

Publié le 08/25/10 à 08:57
I was motivated by price, MIDI input and output, and everything else that looked really good (it was my first card, I never knew absolutely nothing).
I used it a long time with a Toshiba laptop with external synths (DX7, CS2x + mc-303). Then now, I'm on an iMac i7. My monitors are Alesis MK2 (who are very poor, actually) and my table the Mackie 802 VLZ3.

The drivers are stable, no problem with that (it is on Mac or PC), it is nevertheless regrettable that there are no more updates.
I currently use Logic on, before it was on Reason and Ableton, I'm not too much to complain about latency.

GETTING STARTED

No problem installing the config is a little cheap but not complicated to implement. You pick the gear quickly.
The manual is pretty comprehensive for the installation but rather to use very brief.

I use it for 3 years now and am having a big problem with cracking, which seems to be associated with MIDI playback. For example when I take a piano and I'm playing via MIDI many agreements simultaneously, the sound begins to crack and is super uncomfortable. It really limits to what one wants. This problem is likely due to years of use but it is regrettable to have to change hardware for this kind of glitch.
Nevertheless there are practical side, the case is pretty well done, the possibilities are monitoring well screwed. Cons by the headphone jack was very average interest since it is not independent of Out ...
The price / quality ratio is really interesting, I do not regret that choice at all but it is time to move on to something more powerful.