Focusrite iTrack Solo
Focusrite iTrack Solo

USB audio interface from Focusrite belonging to the iTrack series.

mrjason mrjason

« For my Ipad »

Published on 11/29/12 at 05:36
I purchased the iTrack Solo recently for use with my iPad. Not that I record very often with my iPad but sometimes depending on where I am I like to use it. I was looking for an inexpensive interface that I could use with it because I knew that I would not be using it that much so I wanted something simple. I did some research and came across the iTrack Solo. This is probably as simple as you can get when it comes to interfaces. You can use this with a Mac/iPad and even PC computers. It is very easy to set up and start using. It is a two channel interface that has a decen preamp and comes with phantom power.

I only use this most of the time just to record guitar tracks on the go, I keep it in my bag so that where I am I can pull it out and lay down some guitar tracks and ideas on the go, I love how it works great with my iPad because I always have my iPad with me so I can always record something no matter what.

GETTING STARTED

The preamp is very quiet, it generates no noise but it is not good enough to give you anything above average recording quality. I would not use this to record anything serious or anything more than just some ideas and practicing. I would not try to add anything that I recorded with the iTrack solo to a final mix because the preamps are not good enough (at least for my standards).

All in all, this interface is very handy. I have not used it with a PC or even a Macbook but I will say that if you have an iPad and you want to record on it then this is a must have. It has a direct instrument input so you can get your guitar recordings right into your iPad hassle free and on the go.