[Musikmesse] New SPL Creon monitoring controller
SPL will introduce at Musikmesse in Frankfurt the new Creon, a combination of audio interface, preamp and monitoring controller all-in-one.
First unofficial information about this new SPL Creon states the following:
- 1 SPL discrete mic preamp
- 2 instrument preamps with +22 dBu headroom
- 4 balanced line inputs
- 8 listening stereo channels
- USB 6 channels audio interface with 24-bit / 192 kHz converters
- Class Compliant for recording/monitoring with an iPad
- Headphone amplifier
- 2 stereo speaker outputs
- Dedicated Artist monitoring with talkback capacities
- Level boost for smartphones, MP3 players and more
- USB 2 port
- MIDI in and out
- S/PDIF digital in and out
- Dimensions: 60 x 330 x 207mm
- 34 V operating voltage
Creon is said to be compatible with Mac OS X, Windows and Apple mobile devices running iOS 6 and later. It should also be possible to use Creon without any DAW for listening purposes. The price, still unofficial, could be around 400 €. More info soon at spl.info.
Viewers of this article also read...
- StudioLinkedVST Legend Collection for Kontakt StudioLinkedVST bundled its Legend Virtual Instrument and Legend Pads collections for Kontakt in a bundle sold under $200.
- Xclusive Audio Blackout Bundle with drum kits Xclusive Audio bundled four of its drum expansion WAV libraries in a bundle available with a special introductory price.
- WNP Sounds Limito for $0.99 WNP Sounds is offering its Limito limiter plug-in for Windows for less than a buck for a limited time.