Tascam US-1641
Squig Squig
Publié le 10/29/10 à 13:22
I need 8 preamps and a sound card at the time. I already knew for Tascam's analog consoles and multitrack (DA-88. ..) and I saw that they offered this card, so I jumped on it.

Used with a laptop ACER (Pentium M Centrino 2Ghz and 2GB RAM) running XP never crash that is due to my mistake. With the plugs in line behind and in front before I can record 14 different sources simultaneously. And then I made a headphone and network here.

The preamp has nothing to do with Focusrite RED ONE! It is incomparable. Kept all relativity, the preamps are good:)
That said earnings preamp are not transcendent either. Potato still missing ... but € 300!

There is a monitor output and 4 outputs and more. What I regret is that the outputs 1-2 are Matchee with the monitor output. So we can make 2 networks headphones but in this case do not connect the plays on Monitor, but the headphone on the front by example. Or find another hack.
Hence the 8 / 10. Sound Card

stable ultrastable! I go down to 5ms by recording 4 tracks at 96kHz and other reading 12-15 at the same time! Ultimately sessions to 30 tracks at 96kHz and not a single drop of pilots; Highway 66!
If your hardware follows behind (minimum 7200rpm HDD), the U.S. 1641 will reward you.

I use Nuendo and I could use with Reason. Apart Protools, nothing should be incompatible, as the ASIO drivers and ASIO2 walk.

GETTING STARTED

By doing things in order and unhurried, there will be no worries.

For example me, for the sake of optimization, I canceled service from XP that I will not. I Gouré line actually. So the drivers do not relocate. Once corrected my mistake, the drivers are installed itself! Update available on the Tascam site for the transition from XP to Windows 7 and if like me you can not find the installation CD.

No need for manual: install drivers, connections of the card, end of install drivers, use. Point.

I for 2 years. It's been 4 months that I record an album. 10 titles on average 15-20 tracks per session.
Knowing that with the re-re, on the stroke it is currently at 15 tracks but with 3-4 taken whenever it feels pretty hefty sessions. Between 60 and 100 audio files. Over MIDI.

Again if your computer follows, everything will be better in the best of worlds.

The only concern for me now is that the US-1641 is not compatible with Linux, and I intend to use Windows less and less. I just keep a dual boot to have access to VST.

The headphone jack emits only right, it's a shame, I must verify that this is not a hardware failure. But if not behind with 4 outputs, one can tinker with another headphone.

the +:
- The number of connections for the price
- Latency!
- Stability!
- The price:)

the -:
- The gain of the preamp
- Outputs "Monitor" and "Line 1-2" nonseparable
- Pots a bit fragile, indecisive pr purchase, you just have to watch out;)

If today I had the same needs and no more money I will ever be the choice. Otherwise, putting aside the price of 2 US-1641 can buy second-hand ': a Multiface 1 preamp and a little better. must know what you need and when.
At the time I was pretty depressed and I did not regretted.