Tascam US-2000
Tascam US-2000
polred polred

«  Tascam US-2000 problems »

Published on 02/04/14 at 16:08
I needed to quickly replace my MOTU 828 MK2 deficient. Taken by considerations of drivers (I'm still running XP 32-bit), I needed a machine that gives me at least 6-channel input line, the driver is compatible XP 32-bit ... Sevice Pack 2 because Service Pack 3 is not compatible with my configuration (I am one of those few users in the world, for whom there is no solution to this particular problem, without having to go through the installation of a new version of Windows with the risk of losing the use of a number

I can not answer that in a comprehensive manner in the dedicated field below.

GETTING STARTED

I can not answer that in a comprehensive manner in the dedicated field below.

So I use this USB interface for just one month. So I give you the
following observations. (For those who have mastered some English, here is the link
a page that will provide additional explanations: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/497758-tascam-us-2000-installation-operation-issues.html)

This card is strongly discouraged! It is unstable and does not allow the most basic acts.

It is hampered by antivirus software and prevents de facto surf the net
without the risk of disabling the antivirus.
If I go on the net anyway (keeping my active virus) as the US-2000
disconnects regularly, I have to close the "Plugin-Container" Firefox service in
the windows task manager, and reload the page I looked for sound.

She is upset by the NVIDIA chipsets and gives BSOD repeatedly, if it is not connected to its own USB circuit (must then add a USB card which will be dedicated).

She is unable to work in stand-alone, for without USB connection to Windows, the audio output circuit is silent, although input channels work, as evidenced by the meters. I say "contact" with Windows, because the simple fact of being connected THE COMPUTER is not enough to make it usable: it then offers the sound of a device with batteries
are almost dead, and delivers extremely low and saturated sound.

In addition, the US-2000 regularly loses this "contact" with windows, and I have to turn the U.S. in 2000 and then back on for it to appear again in the audio devices available.

This same phenomenon occurs in launching Native Instruments Kontakt: the US-2000 disconnects from Windows making de facto use Kontakt impossible.

Logic Audio often plant and fige.Je I realized that turning off the US-2000, Logic Audio is "unblocked" and closed normally and running smoothly as the US-2000 is turned off or disconnected from the computer .

With Adobe Audition, some ASIO settings do not work.
In addition, MME, Hand-Out output IO appears well (unshaded) in the choices
proposed, but remains unusable.

In the instruction manual that came with this card, it says that this functional machine could not be tested on all existing configurations. Admit.
However, even with a conventional configuration based on NVIDIA chipset rependue strong, she is unable to function normally.
I said that installing the latest drivers and update firmeware provide no solution.

Suffice to say that this card is useless, because even if it works at times, it is impossible to carry out work to the end.

It is impossible to issue a reasoned opinion for this card, because why would it, it works more or less, to appreciate the different criteria. This is not the case.

Also, work is done (good or bad) or does not. With this card, it does not happen if I had to put a number to the card, it could only be zero.