Italia Guitars Modena Classic
Italia Guitars Modena Classic
Allan Sisko Allan Sisko
Publié le 06/30/07 à 05:28
Italia brand is manufactured in Korea and was originally designed by Trevor Wilkinson.
This guitar has a handle 22 frets and mini-humbucker pickups Wilkinson. The bridge with its vibrato type "Bigsby" as well as mechanical as the Wilkinson.
The three microphones are controlled by a 5-way switching, operating like a stratocaster. The pickups are controlled by a common volume and tone. A third button for the determination of the neck pickup volume regardless of the position of the selector, it allows you to create original sounds.
This set of microphone is inspired by the Gibson Firebird or found some of his grain of it.
The neck has a rosewood fingerboard and medium frets respecting vintage good side of the instrument while being quick to "shred" with a fairly flat radius.

The handle is comfortable and access to acute enough. The guitar is quite heavy, giving it a very good sustain with a good balance, both standing as sitting.
The quality of sound produced is excellent as well in all configurations of clean sounds that sound saturated.

This guitar allows me to address all the styles that I like: pop, funk, rock and even metal. The hot sounds of this guitar blend well with all tube amps. For my part I usually work with a pedal Vox Tonelab SE which allows to use all the sounds of the guitar. There is no sound I do not like this model, everything is workable ...

I bought this guitar in August 2006 after first cracked on the very vintage look of this model that I chose a table with a red pearloid finish in style 60 years. J'aimme her look with a short side and finishes original Firebird, while making no concessions on quality and modern facilities.
The value for money is excellent for a model with this type of finish that up this guitar far beyond the vintage models which inspired it. I am very happy with my choice: I first chose this guitar for the quality of its clean sounds, especially his side without being really strato but more importantly, as noted above, by its affinity with the Gibson Firebird with mini-humbuckers. I have the chance to compare the two together and it's very close.
I was impressed also by his sound in saturated for both the riffs AC / DC as solos removed.
Here is an example of achievement after a playback Guitariste.com posted on the website:

Or a cover of Kiss with three guitar parts fully realized with this guitar: