[NAMM] Spectrasonics Trilian
Spectrasonics has announced its new virtual instrument Trilian, the successor to the Trilogy bass module.
The new instrument has a larger core library and features new acoustic, electric and synth basses - as well as enhanced versions of the classic Trilogy sounds. rilian is the first 64-bit native software based on Spectrasonics STEAM Engine and is the first virtual instrument to feature full library integration with the company's Omnisphere synthesizer.
Trilian Features (preliminary info):
- Larger core library includes multiple NEW Acoustic, Electric & Synth Basses.
- Includes enhanced versions of all the original Trilogy patches.
- Based on STEAM Engine technology - like Omnisphere.
- Arpeggiator with Groove Lock for instant bass line syncing to any RMX groove or MIDI Files.
- Omnisphere library integration: use any of the Trilian sounds inside Omnisphere.
- Integrated FX racks, including all effects from Omnisphere.
- 8-part multi-timbrality allows access to multiple articulations in a single plug-in.
- High Definition streaming sample playback with Multi-channel audio architecture allows easy Mic, DI and Release soundsource mixing within a single layer.
- Extensive 'Round-Robin' sampling for natural sounding bass lines with repeated notes.
- Expressive Multisampled dynamic slides – realistically slide from one note down to another.
- Live Mode allows 8 dynamic bass articulations loaded at once with instant, seamless key-switching.
- Stack Mode allows user configurable key/velocity/controller articulation mapping.
- New Custom Controls main page for rapid editing, access to the most useful controls and user interface customization for each patch.
- New Browser with Searching, Attributes/Tags, Images.
- Edit Page offers very powerful sound manipulation features including Timbre Shifting, FM, Flex Mod, Modulatable FX, Dual-voice Harmonia and more.
- Mac Universal Binary VST/AU/RTAS support – Windows VST, RTAS.
- 64-Bit native support.
Full product details, comprehensive sound listings and system requirements for Trilian will be announced in May.
Pricing & Availability
Trilian is set to be released May 18, 2009, the MSRP is $299/€229. All Trilogy customers can upgrade to Trilian for $99. There is also a special FREE upgrade offer for Trilogy customers on the Intel-Mac platform and for customers who purchase Trilogy in 2009*. Upgrades will be available exclusively through Spectrasonics online techshop.
For more info: www.spectrasonics.net.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Arturia AudioFuse 8PRE audio interface review Just over two years ago, French manufacturer Arturia first stepped into the world of audio interfaces. More recently at NAMM 2019, the Grenoble-based company announced two new models, one of which the AudioFuse 8Pre. Has it been a successful addition to the line?
- Antelope Discrete 4 Synergy Core review About a year and a half ago, Antelope released the Discrete, a new range of Thunderbolt & USB interfaces including discrete preamps, their famous FPGA module as well as the stack of audio effects that would usually come with it. Now back in June 2019, Antelope releases a new version of its Discrete 4, this time providing dual DSP chips in addition to the FPGA. Marketing ploy or real step forward?
- The top commercial audio editing software for 2018 Four years after our first poll on the topic, few things have changed in the world of audio editors, at least according to our French readers.