[NAMM] Spectrasonics Trilian
Spectrasonics has announced its new virtual instrument Trilian, the successor to the Trilogy bass module.
The new instrument has a larger core library and features new acoustic, electric and synth basses - as well as enhanced versions of the classic Trilogy sounds. rilian is the first 64-bit native software based on Spectrasonics STEAM Engine and is the first virtual instrument to feature full library integration with the company's Omnisphere synthesizer.
Trilian Features (preliminary info):
- Larger core library includes multiple NEW Acoustic, Electric & Synth Basses.
- Includes enhanced versions of all the original Trilogy patches.
- Based on STEAM Engine technology - like Omnisphere.
- Arpeggiator with Groove Lock for instant bass line syncing to any RMX groove or MIDI Files.
- Omnisphere library integration: use any of the Trilian sounds inside Omnisphere.
- Integrated FX racks, including all effects from Omnisphere.
- 8-part multi-timbrality allows access to multiple articulations in a single plug-in.
- High Definition streaming sample playback with Multi-channel audio architecture allows easy Mic, DI and Release soundsource mixing within a single layer.
- Extensive 'Round-Robin' sampling for natural sounding bass lines with repeated notes.
- Expressive Multisampled dynamic slides – realistically slide from one note down to another.
- Live Mode allows 8 dynamic bass articulations loaded at once with instant, seamless key-switching.
- Stack Mode allows user configurable key/velocity/controller articulation mapping.
- New Custom Controls main page for rapid editing, access to the most useful controls and user interface customization for each patch.
- New Browser with Searching, Attributes/Tags, Images.
- Edit Page offers very powerful sound manipulation features including Timbre Shifting, FM, Flex Mod, Modulatable FX, Dual-voice Harmonia and more.
- Mac Universal Binary VST/AU/RTAS support – Windows VST, RTAS.
- 64-Bit native support.
Full product details, comprehensive sound listings and system requirements for Trilian will be announced in May.
Pricing & Availability
Trilian is set to be released May 18, 2009, the MSRP is $299/€229. All Trilogy customers can upgrade to Trilian for $99. There is also a special FREE upgrade offer for Trilogy customers on the Intel-Mac platform and for customers who purchase Trilogy in 2009*. Upgrades will be available exclusively through Spectrasonics online techshop.
For more info: www.spectrasonics.net.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] Spectrasonics Stylus RMX v1.7 Spectrasonics has announced Stylus RMX version 1.7, featuring 'Time Designer' which transforms RMX audio loops into different time signatures and features the ability to "Groove Lock" the feel of any groove to another.
- [NAMM] EastWest Quantum Leap Silk EastWest/Quantum Leap has announced that it intends to bring the sounds from the "Silk Road" to users' workstations with the introduction of Quantum Leap Silk.
- [NAMM] Cakewalk Sonar Updated to v8.3 Cakewalk has announced a free update for SONAR 8 Producer and SONAR 8 Studio.