[NAMM] Spectrasonics Stylus RMX v1.7
Spectrasonics has announced Stylus RMX version 1.7, featuring 'Time Designer' which transforms RMX audio loops into different time signatures and features the ability to "Groove Lock" the feel of any groove to another.
Time Designer also lets the user create instant pattern variations with smart algorithms based on musical rules, and to 'simplify' any RMX groove in a musical manner. Version 1.7 is also the first 64-bit native software release from Spectrasonics and includes useful workflow enhancements to RMX, such as Suite Editing and Host Transport Sync.
Stylus RMX v1.7 Features
- Rearrange audio loops into different time signatures in real-time.
- Create Pattern Variations for a groove, with smart algorithms based on musical rules.
- Groove Lock an RMX groove to another RMX groove's feel.
- Groove Lock to external MIDI files.
- 'Simplify' control alters the pattern complexity of any RMX loop.
- Strengthen or Loosen the feel of a groove.
- Browse core library in real-time with any time signature, feel or variation you need.
- Time Shift can rush, drag or offset the groove in milliseconds or rhythmic values.
- Grid Quantize and Swing controls.
- Factory Groove Lock templates library includes legendary Akai MPC, Latin, New Orleans feels.
- Make your own library of Groove Lock templates from any MIDI File or RMX Groove.
- Time Designer works with Third Party and User REX/RMX libraries too.
- Expands a RMX user's existing library, with unlimited useful variations.
- New Time Designer video tutorials show production techniques with the new features.
- 64-Bit native support on Windows (Mac 64-bit support to follow).
- Suite Editing for easy customization and 'Favorites' management.
- Sequencer Host Transport Lock: RMX follows sequencer transport controls.
- Song Position sync – RMX patterns follow song position of host.
Pricing & Availability
The release date for Stylus RMX v1.7 with Time Designer is March 2, 2009, the update will be FREE to all registered RMX users as a download from the Spectrasonics website.
The full retail package of Stylus RMX Xpanded, which includes five S.A.G.E. Xpanders - has an MSRP of $399US/€299.
For more info: spectrasonics.net.
Viewers of this article also read...
- [NAMM] EastWest Quantum Leap Silk EastWest/Quantum Leap has announced that it intends to bring the sounds from the "Silk Road" to users' workstations with the introduction of Quantum Leap Silk.
- [NAMM] Cakewalk Sonar Updated to v8.3 Cakewalk has announced a free update for SONAR 8 Producer and SONAR 8 Studio.
- [NAMM] Ocean Way Drums Sonic Reality and Ocean Way Recording have announced the addition of the Ocean Way Drums Expandable series to their product line of all-in-one virtual drum instruments.