HG Fortune Releases Atonoise
H. G. Fortune has announced the release of Atonoise, a VSTi synthesizer (with Pro and VST effect versions too) designed for "spooky, sci-fi and other similar sounds."
The company had this to say on Atonoise: "Atonoise doesn't have a filter, by design, and you'll hardly ever hear the basic waveforms of the two oscillators, which just provide different flavours to the modifiers. It works atonally, i.e. with no real defined pitch, therefore it is suitable for various kinds of spacey and noisy sounds."
Those sounds are created by four modifiers:
- Inferno adds, via Inferno Mix, some upper harmonics generated from the input - similar to the timbre feature of HGF's Swamp VSTi.
- Spook 1 and Spook 2 modifiers can be used as single, in parallel 1|2 or in series 1-2. The spook amount is determined by the two spook knobs while the XY-Pad add more or less density, i.e. a fairly metallic sound in lower left corner or less density at upper right corner. This can be modulated by selectable, invertible and even intermitting LFOs.
- Spook 3 adds some kind of reverbish flavour when the slider is moved to the right.
Pricing & Availability
A synth-only version is available for free whilst a Pro version, with additional external input for fx processing, can be purchased for €9.
All are for Windows in VST formats.
For more info, visit www.hgf-synthesizer.de.
Viewers of this article also read...
- XT Software Updates energyXT Beta XT Software has released a new beta version of energyXT (v2.5.1 beta) for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
- Vir2 World Impact: Global Percussion Vir2 has announced the World Impact: Global Percussion Kontakt Player-based virtual instrument.
- Vir2 Releases BLUE: Jazz Drums Vir2 Instruments has announced a new Kontakt Player-based virtual instruments: BLUE: Jazz Drums.