Native Instruments Massive
Native Instruments Massive
songboy songboy
Publié le 03/22/10 à 11:42
I have had no compatibility issues running this synth on my macbook. I have not needed to reference a manual as this is your basic synthesizer setup. Yes, the general configuration is simple enough. You have all the traditional elements of an analog synthesizer set up in an easy to read/use Graphic user interface. Yes, all the typical functions are right in front of you and easily accessed.

When I first got this unit and started using it in Logic 8, it would occasionally crash. I use it now in Logic 9 and Ableton 8 and there has been no problems whatsoever. I don't know whose fault it was (logic 8 or NI) but everything seems to work great now. I give it a 10 out of 10 for performance. Great sounds, great interface and it functions well with all of my midi gear. I have been using this synth for about a year now.

What I like most about this synth is that the GUI is rather large. This is important for me because I use a Macbook with a 13" monitor and some synths are so small you end up struggling to control them in live situations. Other important things to mention is that the sound quality is really good, as you would expect from Native Instruments. There is nothing I dislike about this synth that I can think of. The sound quality is very good. Its clean and warm when you want that and its gritty and digital sounding when you want that too, very versatile. I got this one in a package deal and I don't recall how much I paid for the whole thing, but I do remember it being a good deal. I have used a lot of synth plugins over the years and this one is definitely up there. I have to admit that I don't use it nearly as much as I used to but that's only because I am in love with Rob Papen's synths and Absynth. Yes, I would buy this synth again, especially if it was a part of a good deal package.