Synapse Audio releases Dune 2
Version 2 of the Synapse Audio Dune hybrid virtual synth has landed for Mac and PC.
Synapse Audio explains that Dune 2 has been entirely rewritten, with new oscillators, filters, effects and graphic envelopes. The sound was also improved and Dune 2 offers a wider sonic range.
- VA, FM and wavetable synthesis
- 2 oscillator stacks, each with 32 oscillators
- A 3rd independent oscillator and noise generator
- 8 voices of unison = up to 520 oscillators in total
- 16 voices of polyphony = up to 8320 oscillators in total
- Zero-Delay Feedback filters
- 4 graphic envelopes
- Modulation matrix for the different effect and synthesis parameters
- 2 Master Effect busses with 9 effects each
- Arpeggiator with MIDI file import
Dune 2 is a VST and AU 32 and 64-bit plug-in for Mac OS X and Windows. It is available for $169 but users of v1 can purchase an upgrade for $79.
Note that v1 and v2 are not compatible with each other but can run in parallel on your computer. Synapse Audio even offers a bundle with both versions of Dune for $198.
Last, you can listen to demos and download a trial version of Dune 2 at www.synapse-audio.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- FL Studio Groove now supports MIDI Image Line has updated FL Studio Groove to version 1.2, in order to add MIDI controller support, among other new features.
- Sample Modeling launches a Flute collection Flutes the new Sample Modeling sound library, gives you the opportunity to use four instruments in the SWAM sample player.
- Cakewalk updates the Z3TA+ App Cakewalk has released version 1.1 of its Z3TA+ synth for iPad, an update that focuses on MIDI.