Tone2 ElectraX v1.2 Public Beta
Tone2 has released version 1.2 public beta of ElectraX, a virtual synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
ElectraX v1.2 will be available soon. This update will be for free for all ElectraX customers.
Announced changes in ElectraX v1.2 (public beta)
- New features:
- ‘Load patch to synth’ allows to stack up to 4 patches for fat multitimbral sounds.
- ‘Copy’ button now includes the option to create 4x stereo unison patch.
- The filter section has been extended with multiple unique Fractal Filters. These innovative, new filter types are exclusive and not available from any other company..
- Analog modeled ‘Moog’ filter (Analog controls self oscillation and non-linearity).
- Analog modeled State Variable Low-pass with ‘Filter-FM’ (analog controls FM amount).
- Nonlinear 12dB Low-pass ‘LP Shaped’ filter.
- Native PC 64 Bit standalone version.
- 20 additional patches.
- The oscillators now support drag&drop for wav and resynthesis import.
- Samples longer than 10 seconds can be loaded now.
- Loop/Single is automatically set on sample import.
- Octave/Semi is automatically detected from sample name (e.g. Piano_A-3.wav).
- Last directory is remembered on wav load and fxp load/save.
- Mod Matrix destination ‘Start’ sets OSC start phase or sample start point.
- Mod Matrix destination ‘Mix’ crossblends between filter1 and filter2.
- Mod Matrix sources ‘Midi CC’, ‘Breath’, ‘Foot’, ‘Expression’, ‘Hold’….
- Mod Matrix source ‘VoiceNr’ returns a value which depends on the current voice number.
- Mod Matrix source ‘NumKeys’ counts the number of pressed keys for more dynamic expression.
- Mod Matrix source ‘KeySat.’ returns a saturated version of key follow.
- Mod Matrix source ‘Impulse’ returns a 1ms long impulse suitable for attack sounds.
- Mod Matrix: 12 additional analog ‘Decay’ envelopes as source.
- Improved graphics with 4 new skins.
- FM on/off, OSC on/off, Distortion type and Sync can also be changed during playback.
- Oscillators that are FM modulated by a deactivated source do no longer output noise.
- Many improvements in sample handling.
- Up/down controls now display an arrow and are more smooth to handle.
- Improved sound when using glide mode.
- ElectraX is more robust against broken Midi data which is sent by hosts.
- Improved CPU compatibility.
- Waiting icon is now displayed during patch load.
- ‘Analog’ psychoacoustic mode has been improved.
- Smarter installer.
- Trancegate is now only available as Insert Effect.
- Fixed a crash which could happen if patches were loaded during playback.
- Fixed a possible problem with could result in hanging notes.
- Fixed a rarely appearing problem where the plugin did not output sound.
- Fixed a rarely appearing GUI freeze.
- Fixed a click in sample playback.
- Fixed a possible glitch in the filters.
More information: Tone2
Viewers of this article also read...
- VirSyn BARK 1.5 VirSyn has released version 1.5 of BARK, a multiband filter effect plugin for Windows and Mac.
- Audio Damage Panstation v1.0.1 Audio Damage has released version 1.0.1 of Panstation, a panning effect plug-in for Windows and mac.
- Time+Space: 50% off Selected USB VIs Time+Space has announced a limited time offer for selected USB UVI Soundcard libraries in June.