Jordan Rudess Wizdom Music MorphWiz
Jordan Rudess Wizdom Music has announced the release of MorphWiz for the iPad.
MorphWiz is the second app to bare the Jordan Rudess name. MorphWiz was inspired by the Haken Continuum Fingerboard, a MIDI instrument that Jordan uses on stage and in the studio with Dream Theater. The Haken Continuum Fingerboard features greater pitch range than a traditional 88 note MIDI keyboard, because it offers real-time continuous control on three axes for every finger that is placed on the playing surface, according to Jordan.
Like the Continuum, Jordan Rudess' MorphWiz is a vertical grid based musical instrument.
The MorphWiz features 50 custom Jordan Rudess-created patches that show off the power of MorphWiz.
- Assign audio waveforms as visual shapes to the grid and morph between them with your fingers on the grid or the accelerometer.
- Advanced pitch control allows the player to round the pitch of the initial attack of any note. It also recognizes when your finger stops after a slide, and rounds your notes to the nearest diatonic pitch.
- Rounding pitch on initial attack.
- Rounding pitch after a slide.
- Independent pitch and synthesis control for up to 10 simultaneous notes.
- Finger Vibrato Effect (FVE) where you can achieve vibrato even when lock pitch is selected and the pitch is snapping to the grid.
- Velocity Controlled Animation (VCA) in sync with your musical performance.
- Control over what parameters you see on the screen.
- Adjustable location for performance controls.
- Editing never interrupts the sound and audio output.
- Trippy full-color, animated particles, fire, and ring effects visually radiate under your fingertips and contain real time pitch information.
- Choose from a wide variety of scales and chords to assign to the playing surface with easy customization.
- Choose to display names of notes or intervals to help guide you.
- Consistent color display for pitch lines which indicate each step if the scale.
- Playing surface is adjustable between 1 and 6 octaves.
- Performance controls include octave shift, pitch lock on/off, record to delay buffer on/off, infinity delay setting on/off, and multi-function slider.
- Unison detuning effect with separate pan control for that classic analog thickness.
- FM (Frequency Modulation) synthesis can be assigned to the vertical grid or accelerometer.
- Wave Sync Synthesis (WSS) can also be assigned to the vertical grid or accelerometer.
- Volume separately assignable to vertical grid.
- Adjustable note attack and release time.
- Infinite-Track Loop (ITL) recorder features user-selectable measures and beats.
- Record Undo and Redo.
- Reverse play.
- FX include digital delay, stereo chorus, and tremolo, the latter of which is assignable to the X-Axis.
Pricing & Availability
It's available now for $9.99.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Steinberg CI1 & CI2+ Steinberg announced the release of two new CI interfaces: CI1 and CI2+. Juxtaposing last year’s released CI2, all three portable units make up the CI series.
- Voltage Disciple Vol 1 for Predator Voltage Disciple has announced the release of its Vol 1 Soundbank for Rob Papen's Predator synth, containing minimal drum sounds, percussion and fx hits.
- accSone crusherX-Mac! accSone has released beta version 1.50 of crusherX-Mac!, a granular synthesis VST plug-in for the Mac based on the ideas and experience with the development of crusherX-Live! and crusherX-Studio! since 1999.