Moog Music Animoog
Animoog, powered by Moog’s new Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE), is a polyphonic synthesizer designed for the iPad.
ASE allows you to dynamically move through an X/Y space of timbres to create an ''evolving and expressive soundscape.''
Animoog captures the sonic vocabulary of Moog synthesizers and applies it to the modern touch surface paradigm.
Animoog’s library of timbres is derived from analog waveforms captured from classic Moog oscillators, both vintage and modern, and run through outboard and analog signal processors. These include modular synth panels, Moogerfooger pedals and more.
- Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE) - A new Moog technology that allows the user to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create a soundscape.
- Timbre page – Assemble sounds in the X/Y space from timbres of a variety of vintage and modern Moog synthesizers and pedals Note.
- Polyphonic Modulation - Slide your fingers to control multiple modulation parameters in Animoog from the keys.
- Polyphonic Pitch Shifting - Manipulate the pitch of each note in a chord by rotating or sliding your fingers.
- Delay Module - A classic analog style ping pong delay.
- Thick Module - From bit crushing to unison voice detuning and drive, this module is designed to add depth, edge and character to Animoog’s sound palette.
- Moog Filter - The classic four-pole Moog ladder filter with High Pass, Low Pass and Band Pass modes.
- Record Module - Record your performance and overdub new layers, or play along live. Transfer recordings between Animoog and any other apps which support AudioCopy/AudioPaste.
- Path Module - Direct ASE through Animoog’s X/Y space to create new sounds.
- Orbit Module - Control the rate of orbit in the X/Y space around the path you created for voice manipulation.
- Modulation Matrix - Amp,Filter and Mod Envelopes, LFO with variable wave shapes and sync, and four assignable modulation slots.
- MIDI in/out - Use your LittlePhatty or any other MIDI controller to control Animoog.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Korg iKaossilator Korg has introduced their line of Kaoss products, using an X-Y pad to provide musical control.
- Zero-G Nu Metal Nu Metal encompasses 500 samples, "modern and groovy metal with a sense of metal-core" referencing bands such as Adema, Godsmack, Sevendust, StoneSour.
- Lexicon MPX Native Reverb Plug-in The MPX Native Reverb Plug-in iq a single polymorphic plug-in with seven different reverb types and about one hundred studio presets.