SKnote HandSynth App
SKnote has announced a new synthesizer for iPod/iPhone/iPad: HandSynth.
HandSynth is a multimode synthesizer with a performance-oriented interface. Controls are reduced while keeping full control on the synthesis engine, according to SKnote. The multi-touch surface and internal accelerometers included in the target devices are designed to give "a new control on the sound and the performance."
The special keyboard algorithm makes almost four octaves available on the small screen, while giving note selection and vibrato, slide and modulation control. On iPad, the optional 2x screen zoom gives a more precise control on the performance.
A "position" parameter on the keyboard, selectable, gives manual control on volume or filter frequency, for tremolo, bowed or wha effects and more. A "Theremin" function switches off the keyboard and activates the "accelerometers" mode. Pitch and volume can be controlled by rotating the device.
The sound engine includes about 30 oscillator algorithms (discrete summation, virtual analog, frequency modulation, wavetables and more), several multimode filters (including multiband and vowel filter), and effects.
Main features are:
- Filter: frequency and resonance, fixed and frequency-follow modes.
- Oscillator: two sound parameter.
- Oscillator: fine detune (each oscillators includes two independent internal oscillators), octave detune, fifth detune.
- Multimode chorus.
- Multimode drive.
- Delay with internal feedback equalizer ("timbre").
- Keyboard and Theremin modes.
- 100 sound memories (backed up on exit).
- External sound libraries management (third party presets).
- Internal help screen.
Pricing & Availability
HandSynth comes with 100 presets. It will be available in the Apple App Store in a few weeks priced at €4.90 and will require iOS 3 or higher.
Viewers of this article also read...
- RME Audio Fireface UFX This is not official yet but RME is about to introduce the Fireface UFX as the new RME audio interface, with 60 channels of audio.
- FXpansion GURU Price reduced FXpansion has announced that the MSRP of GURU has been reduced from $249 to $149, a permanent price change.
- Studio Devil Updates Virtual Guitar Amp II Studio Devil has updated Virtual Guitar Amp II to v2.2, adding Pro Tools RTAS support for Windows.