or
Create an account

or

Thread Are there any realistic sounding drum machines?

• 11 replies
  • 11 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Are there any realistic sounding drum machines?
I'm recording a ton of kick ass music in a small room. A live drum set is not an option. I have to hook up a drum machine to my ROland VS-1880. I'm wondering if anyone knows which drum machines SOUND the best. I know nothing is gonna sound as good a a real drum set but i'd like something that is realistic sounding. Any suggestions or tips would be apreciated.
Well I'm using a Reason refill called ns 6_kit based on the Natural Studio v.6 kit. I think its great.

I have an mp3 I did of an old Led Zep tune Moby Dick.

www.dreamersound.com/reason/examples

http://www.natural-studio.co.uk/ns_kit.htm

The cheesy tamborine is Reason Factory Soundbank.
There were not any samples of toms played with the hands so please excuse.
I've been blown away by Groove Agent - a Cubase VST plugin from Stienberg - which strangely enough has a whole kit devoted to John Bonham - with the hands playing the toms included.
Cool I'll look for it.
i have that ns kit too. i think it is one of the best sounding drum free refills out there. actually i havent even found a better commercial one. the kick could have used some better tuning tho, but the snare absolutley sounds wonderfull. its so hard to find good sampled snares.
were did you find these samples?
Hi,
I recently purchased Jamstix by Rayzoons,it is a virtual drummer program that plays realtime accompanyment to your imput with variable expression and complexity. I am absolutly amazed at the realism and capabilities of this program and the support is second to none. while it is a fresh technology they are developing and refining it . you can check it out here http://www.rayzoon.com/ I haven't seen anything like it out there, and while I am still learning it's personality, it has served up some very tasty tracks :cool:

best wishes,
petra
Study,research,practice,pray and enjoy!
Acoustica's Beatcraft is a cool software drum machine that's easy to use and can load samples. I have used it with the ns_kit, Ruff & Easy Riders, and Beta Monkey samples. A nice little setup, and this coming from a drummer................:cool:
It has occurred to me that there are fewer years ahead than there are behind....
Absolutely the BEST one is FXPansion's BFD drum module. Bar none.
CUBASE plug-ins are the best if you have a good soundcard