Sonokinetic Hurdy Gurdy
Sonokinetic recently released its new Hurdy Gurdy sample library for Kontakt.
According to Sonokinetic, "the automated violin sound, with its constant drone and pivoting melody string lines, is an essential tool for the composer that needs access to a large pallet of instruments and music styles."
When you play the Hurdy Gurdy you're creating 5 types of sounds:
- Drone sounds containing two strings.
- A trumpeter string sound to create the high buzzing rhythm sound (which only appears when you apply pressure on the spinning wheel causing the trumpeter string to slip and buzz).
- Two melody strings sounds.
- Melodies by pressing the knobs and sliding wooden rods on the melody strings to bend them to the correct pitch.
- Mechanical sounds like pushing knobs, swinging the wheel and damping the strings when you stop spinning.
Those sounds have been sampled and built into this keyboard orientated Hurdy Gurdy. You'll get control over the sounds to adjust your instrument to rhe sound you're looking for. By default Sonokinetic chose a representation of "La Fleur", the Hurdy Gurdy that's been subject to the sampling process.
Available in all keys, true legato sampling, capturing of all sounds from this instrument, with all playing techniques transformed into a keyboard orientated composer. Sonokinetic also provided settings for Hurdy Gurdy musicians to play this instrument like the real instrument with left hand melody playing options.
Core samples include:
- 1 instrument patch with the Sonokinetic-Hurdy-Gurdy-formula script.
- Single instrument for Kontakt 4.2.3 and higher with configuration panels.
- Simulation of wood effects - melody keys and handle.
- Convolution reverb applied to the instrument to represent original acoustic spaces. Sonokinetic IR options to allow dynamic assignment and configuration of the convolution effects.
- Customizable key mapping to suit your preference. Normal or flipped style.
- Hurdy Gurdy Reference manual (PDF).
- Format: All files in 48 kHz, 24bit mono aif format. Total size 1.04 GB total amount of samples: 1416 samples Programmed for Kontakt 4.2.3.
It costs €49.90.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Touch Digital Controllers impOSCar2 Controller Touch Digital Controllers have launched their first product, the impOSCar2 Controller.
- Little Endian SpectrumWorx SDK for iOS Little Endian has announced the release of the SpectrumWorx SDK for iOS.
- Flux :: Ircam Verb Session & HEar Flux and Ircam have created two new plug-ins – IRCAM Verb Session and IRCAM HEar.