D16 Group Nithonat Feature List
D16 Group has revealed the full feature list for Nithonat and announced that it is now available for pre-order.
Nithonat is a synthesized drum machine based on theRoland TR-606.
Nithonat emulates the original 606, however, since Nithonat is software based, D16 says it was able to enhance the original with extra functionality.
Full control over the sound
On the original 606, the only editable sound parameter was volume. D16 says it has added to the original and as a result, Nithonat is equipped with extra controls which allow each sound to be shaped in ways which were not possible in the original machine. A whole spectrum of sounds is available – rumbling kicks, rustling snares and completely synthesized and unnatural sounding toms and hi-hats.
One of a kind
Nithonat has hi-hat and cymbal sounds which are due to the emulated structure of the circuits in the original. The bass drum has unparalleled attack character and strong punch, D16 says. The snare is said to sound sandy.
Nithonat has a built-in internal sequencer. The tracks can be edited and modified with various functions. The GUI is described as "clear".
Nithonat can also be used as a sound module. All sounds and functions within Nithonat can be controlled from a host sequencer.
- Synthesized drum sounds.
- Additional parameters to get yet more control over the sound.
- Various ways of controlling the device:
o External mode (notes triggering the sounds).
o Internal sequencer (pattern mode).
- Internal sequencer:
o 4 banks with 12 patterns per bank.
o Each pattern up to 16 steps of length.
o Each pattern defined with one of four available measures.
o Shuffle mode.
o Global accent track.
o Tap mode.
o Chain mode.
o Shuffle, tempo and accent values defined globally and per pattern.
o Built in randomizer.
o Patterns import/export via human readable xml files.
- Two modes of synchronization:
o Precise synchronization to the host tempo.
o Synchronization to internal clock - tempo controlled in the range 30-300 BPM (+-0.1).
- Mutes/solos for each instrument (affect triggering not just the signal).
- Dynamic signal routing from instruments to outputs.
- Drum kits organised into groups.
- MIDI learn function.
- 64-bit internal processing.
Preorder: €69 (it will be €79 upon release).
Viewers of this article also read...
- TAL-Elek7ro [Freeware] Togu Audio Line has released version 0.9 of TAL-Elek7ro, a new virtual analog synth with some special features like oscillator hard-sync and frequency modulation.
- ElectroniSounds Prayer Bowl For those who are into Zen, Electronisounds has released a sample collection of Tibetan prayer bowls.
- Stylus RMX Updated To v1.8.1d Spectrasonics has updated Stylus RMX to v1.8.1d.