Plugin Boutique models a CZ synth
After BigKick, the second plug-in by Plugin Boutique models the famous CZ synths from the 80s and 90s in the VirtualCZ virtual instrument.
Plugin Boutique explains that VirtualCZ mainly models the CZ-1 synth, but you’ll also find some similarities with the other CZ instruments. They also added features that were not available on the hardware models, such as a unisson mode and ADSR or 8-stage MS envelope generators.
The good news for CZ synth owners is that the plug-in can load and transmit Sysex patches and even serve as an editor, since the most important synthesis parameters have their own controls.
- Phase distorsion synthesizer
- Sysex patch editor and librarian for all CZ hardware versions
- 32-voice polyphony
- Mono and Legato modes
- 2 oscillators per voice, 8 wave forms
- 6 loopable envelope generators per voice
- Tempo syncable LFO for vibrato with 7 forms
- Ring and noise modulations
- Stereo Panner
- Unison and detune features
- Microtonal tuning
- Vintage stereo chorus/ensemble
- Setting randomisation
- 200 presets in different formats (FXP, AU Preset, VST Preset, TFX)
- Ability to download CZ patches online
- Preset import/export
VirtualCZ is expected this month at www.pluginboutique.com. Il will be available in VST2/3, AU and AAX 32 and 64-bit plug-in formats as well as standalone on Mac OS X and Windows. Plugin Boutique announces a special introductory price of $99.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Reason projects can be pulled on Blend Blend, the collaborative music website, announces the support of projects created on the Propellerhead Reason DAW.
- Price Drop at The Drum Forge’s The Drum Forge announces lower prices for its entire catalog of drum sounds for Kontakt.
- The UVI SweepMachine is out of its bundle SweepMachine, the noise sweep creation tool previously available in the Electro-Suite bundle, can now be purchased separately.