Soundlib updates Samplit to v2
Soundlib announces the release of version 2.0 of its Samplit audio and MIDI sampler and sound library creator for Mac OS X and Windows.
Samplit allows for recording and sampling internal or external audio and MIDI sources to create sound libraries that are compatible with GigaStudio/G-Player, Kontakt, HALion, EXS24, SoundFont or NN-XT.
The software offers two Automatic and Semi-Automatic modes. In the first mode, Samplit send a MIDI note to your plug-in or external MIDI device and waits until a sound is produced to start recording. The software detects the start and end points to record a clean sample and repeats the process for all notes and velocities you want.
The semi-automatic mode will be used when the sound cannot be controlled via MIDI. Samplit will guide you by playing a reference sound in your headphones so you know which note to play ; il will also display the note and its velocity and will wait until you play this note to start recording.
Once recorded the sounds, Samplit offers multiple tools to easily create sound libraries for your sampler: security buffer for the sample start and end detection, clipping warning, auto-loop, sample volume compensation, VCA release time detection and more.
Version 2 adds very interesting new features:
- 8-track audio mixer, each track can be assigned to a virtual instrument or the input of your audio interface (you can also mix virtual and MIDI instruments), with separate volume, pano, EQ and audio effect controls
- Sample reverse feature
- Built-in player with volume, pitch bend, pitch tracking, VCA envelope, velocity response and filter
- 64-bit support
Samplit 2 is a standalone software for Mac OS X and Windows. It is available for $139 and you can download a trial version from www.soundlib.com/samplit/.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Laurent Colson updates StepPolyArp for iPad Laurent Colson’s StepPolyArp arpeggiator app for iPad has been updated to version 2.5.
- 3 EZdrummer drum bundles If you’re looking for a virtual drum software, Toontrack has launched 3 bundles featuring EZdrummer 2 and two expansion packs.
- Nuendo 7 at the Game Developers Conference Steinberg will be attending the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco next week where they will introduce the 7th version of Nuendo.