ReDominator becomes a VST/AU plug-in
AudioRealism unveils version beta of ReDominator, its emulation of the Roland Alpha Juno 1/2 synth, in VST and AU formats for Mac and PC.
ReDominator was previously only available as a Rack Extension for Reason, but you will soon be able to use is in any DAW on Mac OS X and Windows in VST and AU formats. AudioRealisms says that this version is currently in beta phase and did not specify the release date.
This new version of ReDominator features a new GUI that you can discover below, and includes a patch converter that allows you to get the Sysex dumps from your Alpha Juno and convert them into patches for the virtual instrument.
Note that it will also be possible to use the patches of the Reason Rack Extension version.
As for the rest, ReDominator offers the following features:
- 14 waveforms
- Low-pass filter with 24dB/octave slope
- Envelope generator
- Emulation of the famous Hoover sound
- LFO and DCO retrigger option
- Ability to use the mod wheel to control the DCO, VCF and VCA via the LFO
- Chord memory feature
The price of the VST/AU plug-in was not communicated, but the version for Reason costs 45€ and is still available at shop.propellerheads.se.
Viewers of this article also read...
- crusherX-Studio! updated to v5.2 crusherX-Studio!, the plug-in version of the crusherX-Live! virtual granular synth for Windows, is now available in version 5.2.
- Big Fish Audio introduces Goth Goth, the new Big Fish Audio sound library, is intended for cinematic composers who wish to create metal-oriented music.
- Arpology updated to v1.1 Only a few days after its release, the Sample Logic Arpology libraries receives its first update, which adds a major and surprising new feature.