FabFilter Releases Twin 2
FabFilter has released FabFilter Twin 2, the successor to its Twin synthesizer plug-in.
FabFilter Twin 2 features more oscillators, ring modulation, a new delay effects section, modulation possibilities and 1600 factory presets.
The FabFilter Twin 2 synthesizer plug-in focuses on three areas, according to FabFilter: sound quality, creative and modulation, and an adaptive interface.
FabFilter Twin 2's user interface shows the components that are actually in use. An uncluttered routing diagram is designed to give control over the main synthesizer settings. You can add new modulation sources or remove unused ones. Almost any parameter is a modulation target: simply use drag-and-drop to create modulation connections, which are grouped with the modulation source.
The interface shows which parameters are modulated and you can view all related modulation sources and slots.
- Three oscillators with sawtooth, square, triangle, sine, and pink/white noise wave forms, ring modulation, hard sync, pulse width, phase sync, stereo panning and polyphonic portamento.
- Two independent multimode filters with 11 different filter characteristics.
- On-board delay effects section with two delay units and two extra multimode filters in the feedback loop.
- Clean and uncluttered interface that only displays the components that are actually in use.
- Drag-and-drop modulation system that lets you modulate almost any setting with the following modulation sources:
o Up to 4 XY controllers.
o Up to 6 XLFOs offering everything from classic LFO shapes to 16-step programmable step sequencers, per-step glide with adjustable glide curve, "snap" option that locks steps to musical notes to create arpeggio-like sequences, modulatable phase offset, and more.
o Up to 6 envelope generators with graphic controllers and optional side chain input.
o Up to 4 envelope followers, triggering on side chain input.
o Up to 10 MIDI sources that let you use any type of MIDI data as a modulation source.
- More than 1600 categorized factory presets.
- FabFilter goodies: knobs and controllers, section presets, interactive MIDI Learn, undo/redo and A/B switch, Smart Parameter Interpolation for parameter transitions, an help file with interactive help hints, sample accurate automation, AltiVec and SSE optimization and more.
Pricing & Availability
FabFilter Twin 2 is now available for €129 / $169 / £114.
It can be used on Windows and Mac OS X in VST, VST 3, RTAS and Audio Units plug-in formats.
Bundles with Twin 2 and other FabFilter plug-ins are also available.
Existing FabFilter customers can purchase Twin 2 at a discounted price by logging in to their online user account.
More info at www.fabfilter.com.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Groovebox Logic 8 Operator Vol. 1 Groovebox has announces the availability of the Logic 8 Operator Vol. 1 video collection.
- Wusikstation Updated to v5.7.2 Wusik has updated Wusikstation to v5.7.2.
- Crossfade Loop Synth Update & Sale Expert Sleepers has announced the update of Crossfade Loop Synth and Crossfade Loop Synth Effect to v3.1.