LinPlug launches the beta version of Spectral
LinPlug will soon release a new virtual subtractive synth for Mac and Windows, called Spectral, and offers you to test the public beta version.
Spectral is a virtual subtractive synth that allows you to draw wave and filter forms by changing the level of each harmonics in order to build the sound spectrum. Following are the main features:
- 4 oscillator and filter modules with detailed edition of the bands and harmonics
- Dedicated envelope to control the volume or frequency of each oscillator and filter
- 5 LFOs with multiple waveforms, sync, poly/mono/one-shot modes, unipolar/bipolar options, and more
- 15 slot modulation matrix with 35 sources and more than a 100 destinations
- 15 effects including delays, chorus, phaser, filter, reverb, flanger, gator, stereo enhancer, parametric EQ and crusher
- Glide / Portamento with various options (mono or polyphonic modes, auto-bend mode, ability to assign to pitch, cutoff, or to certain oscillators / filters only...)
- 16 voices of polyphony with the ability to limit the number of voices
- Full parameter automation
- Settings are stored with the project
- Supports velocity, aftertouch, pitch bend, modulation wheel and other MIDI controlers
Spectral will be available in VST and AU for Windows and Mac OS X 32 and 64-bit. Its retail price is still undefined. You can download the public beta version now from www.linplug.com/spectral.html, a form is available online for bug reporting.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Liquid Notes updated to v1.5.1 Re-Compose has fully revamped the GUI of the Liquid Notes MIDI arrangement software, and lowers its price in October.
- Premium account launched for JellyNote JellyNote, the online music learning software, now offers a Premium account from 4.99€/month.
- 30% off a selection of Vienna Instruments Vienna Symphonic Library launches a two-week promotion, with a 30% discount off keyboard, percussion and choir sample libraries.