VoiceLive Play is described as "a new take on a compact multi effects unit for singers, and more."
It features TC-Helicon’s effects tailored for vocalists and harmony processing. “Basically, singers will be catered to as if a dedicated vocal producer was sitting inside the box, ” the company promises.
200 presets can be browsed either by genre or effect type. Some of the factory presets are designed to evoke a range of popular songs, with more presets to download every month online. Every preset can be taken ‘over the top’ by stepping on the HIT button, which will add effects on top of the basic sound of each preset. Selected presets can be stored as Favorites for fast access.
VoiceLive Play has a dedicated Practice mode that analyzes singing performance. Detailed pitch statistics will help singers spot their strengths and point out areas that need more attention.
VoiceLive Play accepts input from external audio sources such as iPods and computers via an AUX In connector or USB. VoiceLive Play has a Vocal Cancel feature that is designed to make the performer’s voice stand out over the vocal on the recording. Finally, VoiceLive Play can listen to the recording and generate harmonies based on the chord progressions of the track.
Loops can be created with or without effects, and by adding a TC-Helicon MP-75 microphone, the integrated Mic Control button can be used for looping remote control.
VoiceLive Play has a built in microphone on each side panel, which can be used in several ways. For example, they can add a touch of room ambience that is designed to make the voice more natural and comfortable when using headphones. The mics can also be used for picking up room sound and base the harmony processing on chords on an acoustic guitar or piano playing along for example. Alternatively, they could be used for recording to a computer via USB.
VoiceLive Play Main Features
- Vocal Path – Tone, Harmony, HardTune, Reverb, Double and more
- Auto Key Detection – Harmonies Can Follow your Favorite Songs
- Practice Mode – Sing along and Analyze Vocal Performance
- Tone – Global Adaptive EQ, Compression, De-ess, Gate and Pitch Correction
- VLOOP Performance Looper with Undo/Redo
- RoomSense Microphones for Auto Key, Monitoring, Practicing and Recording
- Navigate 200 Presets by Genre or Effect with Favorites
- Aux Input for Connecting an MP3 player.
- Stereo XLR, Headphone and USB Stereo Outputs
- Low-noise Mic Preamp with Phantom Power
- Optional MP-75 Modern Performance Vocal Microphone with Mic Control
- Preset Download and Management Using VoiceSupport and USB
Pricing & Availability:
Available: Winter 2012, price: USD 249.99 Estimated Price / EUR 249 SSP
Visit www.tc-helicon.com for more details.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Special offers at Waves for this Saturday Today only, Waves offers special discounts on their Trueverb and Greg Wells PianoCentric plugins as well as API Collection bundle.
- IGS releases 576 Blue Stripe IGS has released its new 576 Blue Stripe compressor unit, first introduces sooner this year at MusikMesse.
- 50% Off Four MeldaProduction Plugins This week only, MeldaProduction offers their MPowerSynth, MFreeformEqualizer, MAutoEqualizer and MMultiBandPhaser plugins at half price.