Add this product to
  • Mon ancien matos
  • My current gear
  • Mon futur matos
Korg Krome 88
Images
1/119
Korg Krome 88

Workstation from Korg belonging to the Krome series.

Thread Trying to use Krome 88 to record Logix Pro X Software Instruments- with no luck

Light mode
  • 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 3 followers
spiniton

spiniton

1 post
New AFfiliate
Premier post
1 Posted on 04/21/2018 at 07:20:35
Oh where do I start? I keep going in circles from Logic Pro X to my Focusrite Clarett8Pre, then back to my Krome trying to figure out the proper settings to get the Krome to act as a midi controler to play and record Logic's Software Instruments. If anybody here has a similar setup and can tell me what I am missing I am all ears.

So basically, I have had a Krome workstation for a few months and haven't dabbled in its MIDI capabilities except one time earlier this year, when I was able to successfully record a Logic Pro X software instrument - the vintage keyboard. I don't know how I got it to work, but I haven't been able to repeat that moment and it is driving me crazy reading in forum/manual cycles from my DAW, to my Clarett8Pre, and the Krome.

I am running MIDI in and out of the Focusrite Clarett8Pre, which also has an Octopre connected to it. The Clarett8Pre connects to my Imac by Thunderbolt.

In Logic Pro X I start a project and add a software instrument, and set the MIDI to all channels (or is that all inputs?) under the track parameters. Back to the Korg

On the Krome I go into COMBI mode and select page and turn the first instrument from INT to EX2 (and EXT trying to figure out which one will make it to Logic but it is never picking the signal up on my new software instrument track. So, nothing. I go back to the Krome and look at the MIDI settings and still can't figure out why I can't get the new track I created to play the software instrument in Logic. Various sites recommend adding an audio input to Logic to monitor the sound, but when I do this, I get the internal Krome instrument (Grand Piano) playing into the DAW. In the COMBI menu where the selection to turn off local from INT/EXT/EX2, I see to recall seeing an option to change the input number on the first instrument of the COMBI, and instead of it going to input 01, it says something like Gch something.

I am sorry for this sounding so scatterbrained, but I spent a good three hours trying to figure this out tonight and I just can't seem to find someone with a similar setup that can tell me what I am doing wrong.

I just want to be able to use the KROME to record Logic Pro X's built in software instruments, without having to buy a standalone MIDI controller.

As a side note, would the USB out of the KROME possibly suffice as a solution to connecting to my iMac for recording and achieve what I am wanting to do, or would the USB connection put me into a latency nightmare.

Thanks, I am quite new to Logic Pro, the Krome, AND my Focusrite devices.

Thanks.:(((
stevedaniel

stevedaniel

10 posts
New AFfiliate
2 Posted on 04/23/2018 at 21:35:30
If you are new. then you should join the music classes before buying the instruments.
cookies

We are using cookies!

Yes, Audiofanzine is using cookies. Since the last thing that we want is disturbing your diet with too much fat or too much sugar, you'll be glad to learn that we made them ourselves with fresh, organic and fair ingredients, and with a perfect nutritional balance. What this means is that the data we store in them is used to enhance your use of our website as well as improve your user experience on our pages (learn more). To configure your cookie preferences, click here.

We did not wait for a law to make us respect our members and visitors' privacy. The cookies that we use are only meant to improve your experience on our website.

Our cookies

Cookies not subject to consent

These are cookies that guarantee the proper functioning of Audiofanzine and allow its optimization. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.

Website preferences

We store your preferences so that you do not have to re-enter them every time your come back (forums options, dark or light theme, classifieds filter, standard or buzz news, newsletters popups...).

This one makes sure you don't have to re-enter your credentials every time you visit Audiofanzine.

Analytics

This data allows us to understand the use that our visitors make of our website in an attempt to improve it.

Advertising

This information allows us to show you personalized advertisements thanks to which Audiofanzine is financed. By unchecking this box you will still have advertisements but they may be less interesting :)

We did not wait for a law to make us respect our members and visitors' privacy. The cookies that we use are only meant to improve your experience on our website.

Our cookies

Cookies not subject to consent

These are cookies that guarantee the proper functioning of Audiofanzine and allow its optimization. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.

Website preferences

We store your preferences so that you do not have to re-enter them every time your come back (forums options, dark or light theme, classifieds filter, standard or buzz news, newsletters popups...).

This one makes sure you don't have to re-enter your credentials every time you visit Audiofanzine.

Analytics

This data allows us to understand the use that our visitors make of our website in an attempt to improve it.

Advertising

This information allows us to show you personalized advertisements thanks to which Audiofanzine is financed. By unchecking this box you will still have advertisements but they may be less interesting :)

You can find more details on data protection in our privacy policy.