Arturia Analog Experience The Laboratory
Arturia Analog Experience The Laboratory
yoTrakkz yoTrakkz

« Love it »

Publié le 10/06/11 à 21:40
I initially had the Arturia Analog loaded on XP and after playing with it for half an hour realized direct to DAW and MIDI file playback that the LAB program overhead on a 2 GB laptop is too intensive. I loaded a 2 min midi file in Reaper and cloned it to see how many iterations of the LAB I could run simultaneously on X32 w/ 2 GB RAM. It crashed at six. Using basic ASIO @ 128 was too low and 258 was still not right and at 512 was ok.

The fit and finish of the device is leagues beyond the price point (think high-end Kurz-like construction) and the key feel is "more" than on any other semi-weighted controller I tried. Combined with Kontakt, I am able to coax extremely subtle nuances from my sampled grand pianos by simply playing the way I would a traditional 88-key hammer-action device. Essentially, it seems as though the same attention to detail, consideration for intended users and uses and ultimately pride went into this hardware as I know Arturia puts into their software and have always heard they put into their premier hardware systems.

The sounds are ok to amazing depending on synth selected. But the entire analog synth history is covered here in a single program. You can setup by Sound or By Scene. The keyboard is very good non weighted and as a stand alone 49 key controller is worth the price of admission alone.

Overall, I love it. My first venture into Arturia world and Good job Arturia! I am not disappointed They could have done a better job on the manual but nobody is perfect but actually very easy setup and authorization is a breeze. So if you can look past the manual you will love this keyboard that’s loaded with presets!