MILLS Acoustics, USA introduces the latest addition to their lineup of Pro-Tour Guitar Cabs, the Afterburner 412B Classic.
It is based on the Company’s Afterburner 412 Cab series but addresses the issues where cabinet size is a concern.
The original Afterburner 412B recently received a Premier Gear “Best of 2008” award from Premier Guitar Magazine. “The Afterburner is an over-sized cab…not exactly an original idea.” explains Dave Mills. “But, the trick is to make a large cab sound extremely tight, focused and articulate at stage volumes without the common complaints of 'flabbiness or woofing’ that has prevailed over the years. Our original engineering design solves this problem. BUT…it IS a bigger than standard, cab.”
MILLS has received rave reviews on it’s cabs but consistently someone would ask the question, “Do you or can you make a smaller version? I can fit my old cab in my trunk but not the Afterburner.” Around mid-summer of 2008 MILLS began a serious undertaking to develop a 4×12 cab that still has the Afterburner power and delivery but in a more convenient package. The finished product is the Afterburner 412B Classic. The cab comes in at a trim 29" × 29" × 14.75" which is 3" shorter and narrower than the original model. In fact, it is actually slightly smaller than many of the traditional 4×12 cabs. It is built with the same design innovations and material standards that have set MILLS Cabs apart from the crowd. “Most of our Clients gig. They want the ability to satisfy 5000 fans when needed. But there are many who are content with blowing away 2000. THIS is their cab.” says Dave. The smaller design is obviously easier to deal with in the load/setup aspects. But it has that same deep, powerful penetration of tone that has made it’s big brothers so popular among Pro Musicians. The cab has the same huge MILLS presence but leans toward a more 'focused warmth and woodiness’. “This cab proves the old saying..” Dave adds, “Big things DO come in small packages. We could not be happier with the results.”
- Celestion Vintage 30 speakers
- 8 or 16 ohm mono with 14ga. Stranded copper wiring.
- 18mm/13 ply Baltic Birch (sides and baffles)
- Slightly smaller dimensions (height, width)
- Internal, “Afterburner” ported baffle increases articulation/projection
- Steel reinforced inside cabinet corners
- Plug-in casters with rubber feet
- Heavy steel recessed handles
- Steel corners (screwed, not riveted)
- Heavy “basket-weave” fabric grille cloth
- Limited lifetime warranty
All MILLS Acoustics cabinets are available now for shipping in the U.S. and worldwide. MSRP: Afterburner 412B Classic with Vintage 30s $899.00 Contact the Company for quotes on any models or configurations.
For more information, visit their web site here.
Viewers of this article also read...
- Empress Effects releases Reverb stompbox Empress Effects has announced their Reverb pedal has started shipping, and requests customer inputs for next feature to be added in a free update.
- iRig products to unlock Cubasis LE features Owners of IK Multimedia’s iRig digital interfaces, mics & MIDI controllers can now unlock features inside of Cubasis LE for iPad.
- Flash sale on Mr. Black's Eterna reverb pedal Today and tomorrow, the Eterna reverb pedal is available with a discount from Mr. Black's online store.