Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2
songboy songboy
Publié le 01/23/09 à 10:29
I have been using this unit for 6 months. The first thing thats great about this unit is the compatibility options. this thing can supply 9v/12v boss (aca) pedals, 9v high current Line 6 pedals, a sag control option and 18v/24v pedals with custom cables that are sold seperately (unfortunately). I love that you also get a 3-prong outlet on the back. I have a diamond halo chorus pedal that has a funky power supply option so the 3-prong outlet was perfect for plugging that in. All these options make this an ideal power supply for beginners (most boss pedals and line 6 pedals are beginner pedals in my opinion, they just aren't as amazing as some of the higher end pedals) and pedal conniseures alike. I guess what I liked least about it was how short the power cables that came with it are. I am a guitarist but also a piano player (Rhodes) so I sometimes have some pedals on the floor and some on top of my piano. If all your pedals are not within a 1 1/2 feet, you will have the same problem. I have furman rackmounted power conditioners, but this is the first one I have had just for guitar pedals. I actually got mine used for $100, but I would have paid the full price. I have over $2000 worth of effects pedals so its worth knowing they are protected and the power is correctly supplied. There are a few other things I should add. The SAG feature (supplies low voltage so it simulates low battery) seems a little strange. I have yet to use it and have not needed to use the last two jacks yet but according to the manual, you can select exactly what voltage your pedal is recieving, so.... that means that all the power jacks can be 9V. I only write this because I almost didn't get the pedal power 2 because I thought the SAG feature was unchangeable. All in all, its a great device for people who are serious about there effects, I would definitely buy it again!