Zoom 504II Acoustic
Zoom 504II Acoustic

Multi-Effect for Acoustic Guitar from Zoom .

Los Teignos Los Teignos

«  Gadget well exceeded »

Publié le 07/08/11 à 09:23
This is a multi-purpose electro-acoustic guitar, and can plug into a power to simulate the sound of an acoustic (at least that's what the ad said at the time when I bought it ).

Obviously, this is digital and I confess that the idea of ​​having a small multi-purpose oriented sound I liked ...

Operation is simple: two footswitches, two knobs, one button and a two digit display and more explicit screen printing is going well.

The manual has not left me a great memory, as most textbooks.

Editing is reduced to its simplest part: the idea is rather to have presets ready to hack that.

Later, despite not look bad, the stuff is cheap, plastoc ... Normal for the price ...

This is where it gets stuck because the simulation of famous audio from an electric are really ridiculous: basically, it looks like an EQ which adds a lot of air in the treble, but everything that can be serious have on an acoustic is not there.

Otherwise, the effects processor offers sounds to Zoom typed 80 years: it is cold, very transistor in the mind. I guess it can help a street musician to improve the rendering of a skyscraper rotten, but I do not really see how you could use it for recording, at a time when the plug-ins are 1000 times better (the including reverbs).

If you mugs October 1 € in flea market, it may be worth testing, but otherwise I do not see the point outside palm of money. I lost a hundred dollars at the time in there so that I am almost certain never to buy a guitar signed Zoom effect. Far from me to cry foul, but the sound is just not good from my point of view, and further testing of the same brand of pedal me in my feeling ...