KRK Rokit Powered 6
KRK Rokit Powered 6

Active Monitor from KRK belonging to the Rokit Powered (1st Generation) series.

yoTrakkz yoTrakkz
Published on 11/01/11 at 13:52
The KRK Rokit 6 monitors tell it like it is. No hype, no beautifying. It translates well, and these are my go to monitors. The 6's have the best balance, good low end, prominent and revealing mids, and highs that don't fatigue like the Yamaha HS monitors do. In this price range I couldn't find a better budget monitor for mixing. Sure others may impress you when you demo them at Guitar Center, but they won't tell you the truth about your mix like these do. Even when I purchase other monitors I plan to always have a pair of KRK's to reference to.

Sound is really good, slightly better than the 5’s but no where near the sound of the 8’s. But none the less these will give you a clean accurate mix. If you are producing hip hop or dub n bass you will love the low end sound this gives you. They definitely have that “boom” and “thump” that we all love and that is in so many songs today. There arent many other monitors that sound better than krk’s. But they arent cheap, you will drop a pretty penny for the sound of these.

These are killer monitors. I hooked them to my computer as they are purely for listening to music. They are very true sound. Do not confuse hi-fi speakers and monitors, the monitors can really kill some songs with the wrong EQ preset. However, these monitors really go a ways. The 6 inch driver really kicks, WAY more than you'd expect. Admittedly, they don't sound like a full hi-fi system, simply because you need a bigger cabinet/driver to move enough air to hit those low explosions and such. However, for music listening they are fantastic. The tweeter is probably my favorite part of the speaker, it's one of the best I've heard. They get plenty loud, but honestly sound better the louder you drive them. These speakers are worth every penny.