Valhalla DSP ValhallaRoom v1.0.7
Valhalla DSP has released version 1.0.7 of ValhallaRoom, adding two new “Dark” reverb mode to the algorithmic reverb effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
As the names suggest, they are dark. All frequencies above 1/4 the sampling rate are completely attenuated, the company says. The modulated delays are designed to be cleaner than the dirty delay modulation used in Dark Room. The modulation in both modes is designed to be more balanced than the modulation used in Dark Room, resulting in less random pitch shifts and more of a “detuned” decay.
Dark Chamber has a "fairly even initial echo density," according to Valhalla. In this way, it is similar to the Large Chamber reverb mode, but with deeper modulation and a much bigger size. Dark Space has a lower initial echo density, and can have a bit of a delay of the onset of reverberation with high settings of Late Size. This also results in a wide stereo image.
Announced changes in ValhallaRoom v1.0.7
- Fixed a GUI bug in older versions of Pro Tools (7.3/7.4).
- Improved interpolation quality for PPC versions of ValhallaRoom.
- Improved “short names” in Pro Tools insert/send windows. The shortened name now shows up as “VRoom” instead of “Valh.”
- Two new reverb modes: Dark Chamber and Dark Space.
Pricing & Availability
ValhallaRoom for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) is available to purchase for $50 USD.
More information: Valhalla DSP
Viewers of this article also read...
- Synapse Audio EKS Pro Synapse Audio has released EKS Pro, a kick drum synthesizer plug-in for Windows and Mac.
- 5 LinPlug Instruments Updated LinPlug has announced it has updated 5 of its instruments for compatibility with Mac OSX 10.7 and to fix some issues.
- Voxengo Crunchessor v2.7 Voxengo Crunchessor version 2.7 is now available for download.