eaReckon EAReverb
eaReckon EAReverb
Nicolas Felix Nicolas Felix

«  A true stereo reverb »

Published on 06/05/11 at 14:19
The installation is done it without problems?
Nothing to report.

Have you experienced any incompatibilities?

The general configuration is easy?
It may seem difficult at first because we can manage the early reflections, but that's a plus that makes everything easier then.

The manual is clear and sufficient? ...
I find it clear enough for my taste! The hardest part is getting used to features

What is the configuration of your computer? (Motherboard / CPU / Ram / Disk / sound card ..)
Notebook: - MacBook 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo / Version 10.6.7
RAM: - RAM 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Sound Card: - M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R
Sequencer: - Harrison Mixbus 2.1

The software works he correctly on this configuration?
Okay but it consumes a minium. Do not believe it's lightweight CPU!

What performance? (If quantifiable)
Very good! I initially disliked the reverb I have to say (may be too natural) listening to samples on the website. But after testing on clean guitars, electric, drums, piano ... I must say it is very efficient.

I found the reverb for my guitars that I was looking for! They have nothing to envy of the convolution and I must say that often EaReverb is my favorite!

This software + hardware is stable?
No problems.

For how long have you been using it?
Less than a week but I must say I would do an edit later.
It seemed important to put a notice on this great reverb!

What thing do you like most/least about it?
Pros:
- The presets are good. I have a weakness for the preset for expanding the stereo through the reverb.
- Quality
- The price
- True Stereo Reverb and it shows!
- The settings of the early reflections
- Warp settings and BNC.
- Adjusting the size of the reverb simple (There are still a sync with the tempo!)
- The built-in spectrum analyzer
- It's French!
- We do not seem to have that extra bass in the reverb

Minimum:
- More presets sound designer such as 2C-aether would have had property here. I think the presets Forest Style, bathroom and all that what ...
Or Space Designer! My god presets interesting!

Did you try many other models before getting this one?
Waves IR1, 2C-aether, Space Designer, Lexicon, IRCAM Verb (demo what ...)

I would not say it's not worth the hardware is not because I never heard of mixing situation. But I must say that all the reverbs mentioned above are very good or good with some leveling they have and others do not but I had more facility with EaReverb.

What is your opinion about the value for the price?
59 € "Group Buy", that sounds pretty!

Knowing what you know now, would you make the same choice? ...
Without a doubt! I wonder how do these guys for making plugs can also be expensive and quality! While others, big companies sell their expensive plugs although it is less good.

Anyway, must try, notice it's personal:)