Mackie Onyx 1620
Mackie Onyx 1620

Analog Mixer from Mackie belonging to the Onyx series.

chafouin chafouin
Published on 01/09/12 at 12:26
Compact console to look neat: 8piste mono mic, line switchable with 2 Hz with eq (2 parametric bass 1 1 acute)
4 track stereo line mid bass eq acute
To 4 pre or post

I put that 7 because no group

Very simple to use and most manageable despite this small size compare to previous makie of this size I can tell you that there was a marked improvement.

The preamps are very transparent but lacks a little potato I trouve.ils saturate pleasant enough, if too many preamp (as many table) its high-gain ca cause problems for master.
The mono eq slices are good for a console that price, I would say that for Presice it's effectively while respecting the source, eq stereo tracks them his worst he can correct but harder to embellish the sound.
The S / N ratio is good without being either extra: disont that if you return too many low-level source that will cause problems.
if s is used properly and without too much abuse it sounds very good, if it happens to him too as a source of poor quality it could do anything,
c is to summarize a very transparent console a little character, j is the impression that c is in general philosophy makie.

I used the last 4 or 5 years (I had to buy the output at its option without firewire), I can tell you that I was not the household
-A lot of time, truck ride wrapped in blankets as a fly, it is fall once 20cm.
I done with the dub so I ruthlessly manipulates the fader and mute.
result:
Them to the preamp eq does not always crack c it is a very good point.
XLR-output kidding when you put the mic position that c is not great at all, and c is that it does not happen before fall.
A track-fader is slightly squeaky pan works not when you put a left and a track has a mute slight creaking, I saw little understanding of the abuse (in j am aware XD).
I find that c is an exellent console for live on stage
Studio home studio it's been the case if you work the sound came before it (c is for me the definition of a transparent console)
the ratio Q / p is the best for its category, for example, midas venice or Hallen and Health Wizzard's four times as much and I think (I is not misused) that's it, c is hard to quantify but I say roughly 1.5 times better:
Heat a slightly better definition
slightly better routing (group, with more).
I remake that choice.