ARTURIA unveils version 1.0 of Origin Keyboard, the keyboard version of its first Hardware Synthesizer: Origin.
Origin Keyboard lets you perform and create your music with a new level of dynamism, control and ergonomics. With a ribbon controller, a velocity and aftertouch sensitive keyboard, a joystick and numerous knobs, Origin Keyboard provides you with the control and playability needed to express yourself fully.
The innovative front panel can be adjusted to meet your performance needs, allowing you to comfortably control your sounds in even
the most demanding set-up situations. With its ergonomic design, all-in-one approach and intelligent kinematics, Origin is an invitation to a unique and gratifying playing experience.
“The Origin project has proved much more demanding and complex than we initially thought,” says Frédéric Brun, President of Arturia. “The modularity of the architecture, combined with the nature of the engine, based two TigerSHARC®’’s, and with the ergonomic
choices we’ve made, resulted in a high level of complexity. But, what is complexity for us will deliver power and ease of use for the musician. We are late to deliver, but we have made the choice to take the time necessary and to not compromise on quality.”
Origin is a modular system of a new generation, opening innovative avenues in sound design. Loaded with modules modeled on the best synthesizers of all time, Origin lets you combine these modules and benefit from the additional possibilities put onboard.
- Create your own patch by combining innovative modules and classic sound controls extracted from the Minimoog, the CS-80, the ARP 2600, the Moog Modular, the Jupiter-8, and the Prophet VS.
- Use template patches: an Origin audio structure made by connecting independent modules, or the minimoog. (The Minimoog template will be delivered in version 1while the other recreations will come as free upgrades in later Origin updates.)
- Up to 32 voices of polyphony
- More than 500 presets created by talented musicians and synthesizer specialists
- Modular system with more than 80 modules, some new, some excerpted from legendary synthesizers from the past.
- Superb audio quality with TAE® engine. 24 bits/96 kHz supported.
- With a future update to the Origin line, you will be able to open dedicated software on your Mac and PC and use the instrument as an AU or VST plug-in. All the sounds are produced on the Origin while you work on your computer, as you would do with a native application.
- Analog: 2 audio ins, 10 audio outs. Digital: SPDIF out, USB 2.0
- Selection of high quality effects: Phaser, Chorus, Delay, Distortion, Parametric EQ
- 16/32 step sequencer
- Innovative Macro, Advanced LFO, Advanced modulation modes, Advanced Joysick modes,...
- MIDI : In, Out, Thru or USB 2
- High Level of Control:
- Ultra sensitive 40cm ribbon controller
- High quality light-weighted 61 keys keyboard, with velocity response and channel
- Modulation and pitch-bend wheels, 3-mode Joystick, 55 potentiometers, 46 rotary encoders, 64 switches
- Ergonomic design
- Self adjustable front panel, from 0° to 135°, giving you total setup flexibility.
- 5.2” TFT screen for clear visual feedback.
- Complete mobile solution, offering everything you need to perform in a single, easily transportable cabinet.
MSRP (Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price): $3499/ 2999 €
MAP (Manufacturer Minimum Advertised Price): $2999/ 2499 €
Viewers of this article also read...
- This Summer, jam with BeatBuddy Mini for $99 Singular Sound has announced a special offer on their BeatBuddy Mini personal drum machine.
- Moogfest: Moog to bring back Minimoog Model D While Moogfest 2016 is currently (May 19-22) being held in Durham, NC, Moog is bringing back Minimoog Model D through a pop-up factory.
- [MUSIKMESSE] Dreadbox present Drips Dreadbox is at the Musikmesse to present Drips, a Eurorack format modular drum machine.