[NAMM] Peavey VersArray 212
Peavey expands VersArray line-array series with the new three-way Versarray 212 line-array enclosure, featuring planar ribbon drivers, neodymium woofers and included adjustment bracket.
Engineered for large coverage with companion Versarray 218 and 118 subwoofers, the new Versarray 212 is a three-way enclosure featuring two 12” Black Widow® woofers with dual 4” ribbon-wire voice coils and a symmetrical-drive neodymium magnet design, plus ten 2.5” Neo Midrange drivers and four exclusive waveguide-mounted planar ribbon drivers with a flat radiating surface. The Versarray 212 is rated at 4,000 watts peak handling for the low frequencies and 800 watts peak each for the midrange and high frequencies.
The Versarray system allows articulation from each 13-ply Baltic birch, 2x12 enclosure with Peavey’s bracket-and-pin flying hardware, allowing users to adjust these systems incrementally from 0 to 10 degrees.
Peavey’s Ram Air Cooling™ design, a dissipation process that radiates heat away from the voice coil and speaker cone, works in conjunction with neodymium-loaded, 12” NEO Black Widow® loudspeakers featuring dual 4” voice coils for more efficiency and higher power handling.
Peavey Versarray 212 line-array enclosure will be available from authorized Peavey retailers in Quarter two 2008.
Key features :
- 4,000 watts peak power handling, low-frequency section (2,000 watts program).
- 800 watts peak power handling, mid-frequency section (400 watts program).
- 800 watts peak power handling, high-frequency section (400 watts program).
- 90° horizontal x 15° vertical dispersion per one cabinet.
- Three-way tri-amp ribbon line source array system.
- Dual 12" Neo Black Widow® 4” dual VC Woofers.
- 10 Peavey special-design 2.5” Neo Midrange speakers in a compound line array source.
- Four Peavey custom Planar Ribbon Neo Drivers on a manifold line source.
- Easy aiming angle adjustment rigging system.
- Vertical Adjustment Bracket Set included with cabinet.
- Sound Guard™ midrange and tweeter protection.
- Inputs are two Neutrik® Speakon® 8-pin jacks in parallel, and four Neutrik Speakon 4-pin jacks, one set in parallel for the lows and one set in parallel for the midrange and highs.
- 13-ply Baltic birch enclosure finished in black or white.
- Perforated steel grille finished with powder-coat finish.
- Frequency response: 90 Hz to 20 kHz .
- U.S. MSRP $4399.99.
Post a comment
Viewers of this article also read...
- The Operating Principles of Loudspeakers - Part 8 In this chapter we'll discuss a not-so-widely spread category of transducers based on very amazing principles. They can make some people dream because they are freed from the mechanical stages of transduction – although it comes at a cost.
- The Operating Principles of Loudspeakers - Part 7 Another family of transducers, often put down by audiophiles, is that making use of the piezoelectric phenomenon. Sturdy and not particularly expensive, these transducers have found a place in many speakers with more or less success.
- The Operating Principles of Loudspeakers - Part 6 After our previous discussion of electrodynamic speakers, we'll now move on to describing different categories of speaker transducers, starting with the equivalent of the condenser mic in the speakers world.