or
Create an account

or

Thread Simple soundcard problem (I hope!)

• 4 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 0 follower
Sujet de la discussion Simple soundcard problem (I hope!)
Right I have just upgraded my PC. Simple question hopefully, I have the same soundcard installed (Soundblaster live).
I was running a source through my line-in on the soundcard with no problems until I upgraded it. Now when I select "Line in" as my recording source it simply cuts it out and I obviously can't record from there.
I am getting frustrated with it now, someone must be able to help?
It's got to be something really simple!

Cheers.

:cry:
Firstly get good drivers for your card. I wouldn't trust anything ready installed drivers on Windows (even XP). Good drivers for SB live can be found for example from http://come.to/sblive. The software for these drivers doesn't maybe look the neatest, or even simple but the guys making the drivers have achieved latencys of even 2 ms. Which is great! If you still can't get the line-in to work you might have to change some of the software cable patching. This can done in a window found somewhere from Mixer-> DSP (or something from there)
I tried the site, don't work!

Thing is, with the drivers.... is that gonna fix it then?
Cause I can hear the sound coming through fine, when I select Line In as my source to record from that's when it cuts out!
Beefy-

I have seen this before, long ago when I used a SB. You have to enable the card to monitor the record source. It was under something like "Advanced Options" or something, and I think you had to select something like "What you hear" or something like that.

Basically, you have to enable the full duplex mode of the card in the software.
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD
Guys, sorted it now. I don't know what happened but it is all working now.
I didn't d/l any new drivers or owt I just got it to record that's all I am worried about!

Cheers