First timer needing advice on an interface for my setup.
- 4 replies
- 2 participants
- 1,673 views
- 2 followers
Henryp
4

New AFfiliate
Member 11 years ago
06 Décember 2014 to 16:02 (modified on 06 Décember 2014 to 17:47)First timer needing advice on an interface for my setup.
#1
Sick of latency issues, I'm going to splash out on a new audio interface and was wondering if anyone can advise me on a good £200-£300 buy that would suit my home studio setup, which is as follows ( Don't laugh too hard it was built on a shoe string )
Im using a Creative sound blaster Fatality X-Fi sound card and front panel interface
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Creative+sound+blaster+Fatality+X-Fi&ia=images&iax=1&iai=1
Ableton Live 9 Suite with Push
Novation 49SL MKII Midi controller
Novation Mininova
Korg MonoTribe with midi in/out mod
A Pair of Behringer Truth Speakers
A Behringer Eurorack UB802
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Behringer+Eurorack+UB802&t=ffcm&ia=images
A Behringer Mic
Windows 7
Also, could anyone answer me a few questions.
Would I still need an internal PCI sound card if I have an external Audio interface?
If so, should I upgrade my sound card? ( Id rather not unless its a must )
Cheers,
H.
Im using a Creative sound blaster Fatality X-Fi sound card and front panel interface
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Creative+sound+blaster+Fatality+X-Fi&ia=images&iax=1&iai=1
Ableton Live 9 Suite with Push
Novation 49SL MKII Midi controller
Novation Mininova
Korg MonoTribe with midi in/out mod
A Pair of Behringer Truth Speakers
A Behringer Eurorack UB802
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Behringer+Eurorack+UB802&t=ffcm&ia=images
A Behringer Mic
Windows 7
Also, could anyone answer me a few questions.
Would I still need an internal PCI sound card if I have an external Audio interface?
If so, should I upgrade my sound card? ( Id rather not unless its a must )
Cheers,
H.
Henryp
4

New AFfiliate
Member 11 years ago
09 Décember 2014 to 17:11
#2
I find it kinda odd having to reply to my own post but then I guess its my own fault for not being specific enough,,,, Hang on.... now I'm asking myself, how is it possible to be specific when you don't know what your talking about in the first place, which is why i was asking for help in the first place...but then again help isn't to be expected but appreciated!!! Arg my heads about to explode! Anyway i ended up going for the Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 Audio Interface, which Im guessing is ok , but Im also guessing that I probably would have found better if I would have been more clear in what I wanted out of the audio interface and taken the resulting advice. Oh well.
By the way, my choice was based on a search " Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 Audio Interface" within this websites user reviews, where upon I came across the only review of the said device. After reading it I was convinced!
https://en.audiofanzine.com/external-audio-interface/native-instruments/komplete-series-komplete-audio-6/
Thanks again for all your help.
By the way, my choice was based on a search " Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 Audio Interface" within this websites user reviews, where upon I came across the only review of the said device. After reading it I was convinced!
https://en.audiofanzine.com/external-audio-interface/native-instruments/komplete-series-komplete-audio-6/
Thanks again for all your help.
Mike Levine
1066

Site Admin
Member 12 years ago
09 Décember 2014 to 19:17
#3
Sounds like you made a good choice. NI stuff is always solid. Good luck.
Henryp
4

New AFfiliate
Member 11 years ago
11 Décember 2014 to 10:51
#4
Quote from Mike:
Sounds like you made a good choice. NI stuff is always solid. Good luck.
Cheers for the reply.
Any advice on this particular interface would be most welcome.
Cheers,
H.
Mike Levine
1066

Site Admin
Member 12 years ago
12 Décember 2014 to 05:38
#5
Quote:
Any advice on this particular interface would be most welcome.
Make sure to take advantage of the direct monitoring feature. It will make your life a lot easier. Also, place the unit in such a way that it's easy to see and access all of its jacks, controls and indicators. It has controls on both the front and top panels, so it might make sense to move it back a little from the edge of the table or desk, so you can comfortably see both surfaces. It also comes with a nice software bundle, which I would recommend that you explore. Enjoy!
- List of moderators
- Rules
- Options