or
Create an account

or

Thread Akai APC Key 25

• 4 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 Akai APC Key 25
I was wondering if anyone could help? I've recently bought an Akai APC Key 25 and have tried Ableton Live Lite and managed to get the lights to work fine, and then when I installed Ableton Live 9 Suite the lights have stopped working. Any suggestions? :(
Does everything about the keyboard controller work fine after upgrading to Ableton Live 9 Suite, except for the lights?

Also, is it a purchased copy or a cracked version of Ableton? We don't support nor encourage cracked versions of software, mostly because developers work hard and spend lots of money to produce great products. But also because cracked versions can cause bugs like these.

If you have, in fact, upgraded to a paid version of Ableton Live 9 Suite, and everything except the lights work, there's always the obvious advice i.e. make sure you have the latest software release (which I believe is version 9.6)

Otherwise I'm afraid the best advice I can give is to contact Ableton tech support directly.

Good luck!

-Armon
Everything works as it's letting me use the VST Plugins on Ableton Live 9 Suite and it's also letting me use Twist and Hybrid 3 VST plugins. It is a purchased copy of Ableton..... It's just really frustrating as I'm wanting to use the full potential of the Akai APC Key 25 :/
I understand your frustrations, my friend. Nothing worse than getting new gear, finally using it after all the anticipation, only to be let down with bugs and compatibility issues.

I'm sure the LED issue will be resolved, but since it was working fine before the upgrade, I get the feeling that Ableton support would be more relevant.

If the contact I provided for Ableton doesn't get you anywhere, then you can always try contacting AKAI directly to see if they've heard of similar issues and can help you out.

Cheers,
Armon
Thanks for your help Armon.

I'll get in touch with Akai via their support page and see if they can help? I'm just eager to start writing some new tunes on Ableton and Reason.