Behringer V-Tone Bass BDI21
Behringer V-Tone Bass BDI21

Bass Amp Simulator from Behringer belonging to the V-Tone series.

fredolee16 fredolee16

« If you want to buy the Sans Amp, try this and save money!!! »

Published on 02/02/15 at 06:48
Audience: Advanced Users
First of all keep in mind that this behringer unit of the SansAmp unit is not a overdrive pedal concept. It is a tube emulator so those guys that are trying to bash the pedal because "the drive knob doesn't work well", didn't read or understand the concept of a bass driver pedal (tech 21 or Behringer BDI21). I play bass three times per week. Play in a local church but play for a rock band too. I play bass since 2000 and have several basses and other stuff. From 2003, the Tech 21 SansAmp bass driver was my main trick to my sound. For whatever reason, I decided to sold it to try something different but every stuff I tried doesn't give me that warm like Geddy Lee sound that I loved. I see this Behringer in a local store and immediately noted that is a copy of my loved Sans Amp bass driver so, for $30 I decide to take the risk. What a surprise. It is almost identically. I my opinion sounds a little bit better because has a little more midrange so I find it that it add less color to my sound than the Sans Amp so it's a little bit easier to find a clean sound. Yes, it is plastic, but I take care of my stuff so this is not a problem. This unit or the Tech 21 are excellent for passive basses. I can't play my jazz bass without this thing. It simply add punch to my bass and that warm sound that I really love to play rock. The other difference that I find with this and the Sans Amp is that the Sans Amp has a little more output than this but I just add more volume and bingo. The bass driver pedals add a little color to your sound so even when it has a "clean sound setting" it's a little hard to find a super clean sound so If you love a super clean sound, maybe this or the sansamp are not the pedal for you. Remember that this is a tube emulator. If you love a little warm sound (especially to play rock) you will love this unit.