Ampeg SVT-3 Pro
Ampeg SVT-3 Pro

Bass Guitar Amp Head from Ampeg belonging to the SVT Pro series.

ericthegreat ericthegreat
Publié le 09/21/11 à 23:12
I have had this head for about 7 years now and the tone and power is great. I have it paired with a 410hlf cab. It gives you that great ampeg tone! This thing is also built like a tank. I have it mounted in a rack and was backed into by a mini van before a gig. Still worked with no issues.

After my previous bass amp blew up for the second time, it was time to go shopping for something more reliable. I knew that an Ampeg wasn't going to disappoint, so it was between this and an SVT-CL. Glad I went with the 3-PRO. It covers any style you can possibly think of. The EQ section is very responsive and intuitive and doesn't take much time to dial in. I only use the graphic EQ to get more volume (it actually provides more than the master) It has that classic SVT tone without having to crank it. I consider myself a modern-purist, so if you want that SVT tone but don't need 300W of ALL tube power, pair this with an Ampeg 410HLF, and you'll be set for the life of your bass playing career. (unless your already playing stadiums and arenas, then you don't need this review).

I love the sounds, really great rock and jazz feeling, it fits perfect in almost all genres of music that any one can be creating. I dont really use any of the settings on it though, just a little drive or boost to make it sound full and not dry.

Overall I am really happy with my purchase of the Ampeg SVT 3 I would have it any other way, I paid a good amount of money for this, and I take good care of it and im hoping it last me a really long time.