Ashdown MAG C410T-300 Combo
Ashdown MAG C410T-300 Combo

Bass Guitar Combo Amp from Ashdown belonging to the MAG series.

badgerific badgerific

« Great amplifier. »

Publié le 03/24/11 à 09:35
-307 Watts (RMS)

-Puts out around 150 Watts (RMS) without extension cabinet

-Controls: Input gain, Bass, Lo-mid, Mid, Hi-mid, Treble, Bright switch, Deep switch, EQ bypass switch, Sub-octave switch, Sub-octave level and Ouput gain.

-DI output

-Effects loop

-Tuner/line output

-High and low impedance inputs

-Input gain VU meter

-4x10" speakers

Nice easy to use amp, well laid out controls makes it simple to dial in a good tone. The labels on the controls make it very user friendly and I found it very easy to use despite it being my first amplifier.

I use this amplifier with my Hohner B2A, Fender Mexican standard jazz bass and Squier Vintage Modifed fretless jazz bass and it's a great sounding amp. My main bass is the Mexican jazz bass and it sounds good even if the EQ is bypassed and the Bright and Deep switches are off. The tone stack on this amplifier I find is really nice and easy to use and used in conjunction with the Bright and Deep switches there's a lot of versatility.

My favorite setting is achieved by adding a little to the Mid and Hi-mid knobs and cutting slightly on the Lo-mid while leaving the Bass and Treble fairly flat, this produced a clear tone which cuts through in a band situation and has a slight grinding edge to it using my jazz bass.

This amp is vintage voiced amplifier and some people complain of a wooly characteristic to the sound of it, with my set up I don't find this amp to be wooly at all. This is probably not the amplifier you want if you're looking for a modern tone though.

I really like this amp and I'm glad that I chose it, there are lots of useful features on it which have been useful during gigging situations such as the tuner and DI outputs. My favorite thing about this amp is the EQ, it's really simple to use and can be used to create a versatile range of sounds.

My least favorite thing about this amp is the weight, I really regret choosing the 4x10 combo rather than the head and 4x10 cabinet. This amp is hard work to carry up and down stairs which I've had to do for gigs and to get it in and out of my bedroom. It's really impractical for one person to carry it and even when there are two people the handles can be quite uncomfortable. If you're going to be moving this amp I'd recommend the head and cab combination rather than a combo and you're more open to cabinet options too.