Ashdown T15-180 Combo
nickpi nickpi
Published on 07/26/08 at 05:49
Solid state bass combo, 180 watts announced
HP 15 '
Comprehensive connectivity: input high / low, effects loop, DI output (XLR) and line (jack, which does not cut the HP), 2 HP (can connect a 2nd HP so)

Level settings is not a gas plant: gain, EQ 5-way bypass, deep and bright switches, master volume. Me that's enough.

Octaver presence of a fairly substantial to add to the sound

The big downside is the weight (30Kg not act ridiculous and transport facilities, namely a stupid handle on top ... When you must carry around the 500m is really painful, I would have loved side handles, why not smoothly, at least a handful more comfortable, hence the 7

Use level is super simple, it's not a gas plant, so are the settings without much problems, the EQ is effective without more, volume level is just enough to play with a guitarist and a deaf drummer playing at 10 for large sales and output line DI is very significant

Its level is an amp built for rock with a raw sound, rather dirty, look no sounds hyper-compressed modern and clean, with bright highs and deep bass hyper, here is a round of the slightly muddy (I said that I play with an epiphone thunderbird, which strongly emphasizes the rock side).

The small downside is that the power amplifier tends to saturate high-volume, difficult to have one's own, then, shame

on the other hand compared to a preamp that lack lights still fishing and roundness,

I put 7 as well, because it's not super versatile and it is not the top compared to the preamp lamps

For the price it's very honest, for less than € 300 was a powerful amp, solid, holding the road, ideal for rock in all its forms, but still a big downside for the weight and lack of means travel.

I bought this amp because I needed a bass amp soon, but with experience I would build an amp rack rather than custom, but I still recommend it often when I am asked Council for a bass amp