Roland Cube-60 Bass
Roland Cube-60 Bass

Bass Guitar Combo Amp from Roland belonging to the Cube series.

Publié le 04/12/10 à 23:18
The Roland Bass Cube 60 is a bass guitar combo amp that can be used either on the stage or for recording purposes. I've used this only in the recording studio, as I'm primarily not a bass player and wouldn't have a need for something like this at a show. I wasn't the artist on the recording, so I wasn't playing through the amp, I was recording it. Like the name suggest, the amp delivers 60 watts of power, which is plenty as I found we only needed to have it on about three to get a good enough level coming from the amp. The amp has a 1/4" input for your bass as well as a slew of 1/4" connections for other routing options, but I didn't need to use or explore them.

Using the Roland Bass Cube 60 is a very straight ahead process. If you're familiar with the parameters normally found on bass guitar amps, you'll be fine here as there isn't anything out of the ordinary going on. It has tone control knobs for bass, middle, and treble, as well as volume knob. These are the only parameters that I can really remember using on the amp, but I don't believe that there were any other ones anyway. I've never seen a manual for the Bass Cube 60, but would never expect anyone to really need one anyway.

While perhaps not the best of all bass amps in the world, the Roland Bass Cube 60 has a very admirable sound. In the couple recording sessions that I used it in, we used both the amp sound from the Bass Cube and a direct input sound going into a Countryman Type 85 DI. I always try to get both an amp and direct sound when I can for bass guitar, as I like to leave my options open whenever possible. In terms of how to describe the sound of the Roland Bass Cube 60, I'd say it is punchy more than anything. With a Fender P-Bass plugged in, they seemed to complement each other very well in terms of getting a punchy, clean and full sound.

They no longer are making the Roland Bass Cube 60, which isn't to be confused with the regular Cube 60 amps. The one that I used was the orange one that is certainly a bit older. I've never really done any research on this amp, so I don't know what type of price they command, but I feel like since they aren't all that sought after that you could get one at a reasonable rate - and if you can do so, I'd definitely do it as this is a great bass amp for recording and most likely for shows as well.