Peavey 115 BVX
Peavey 115 BVX
MGR/John Paul MGR/John Paul

« Peavey 410TVX & 115BVX »

Published on 05/06/04 at 15:00
I purchased these cabinet's separatly at a Music store in Cotati/Rhonert Park called Zone Music. I first puchased the 410TVX for about $450. Later I got the 115BVX for about $300.

These cabinets sound great together. The 410TVX has a big sound with lots of DEEP end and present highs. It is shy in the mids but the 115 takes care of that. The 115BVX has lots of throaty mids but shy in the deep lows and zingy highs. So it is apparent how the two together make for a chest thumping sound. They are loud!! I've heard they can take up to 1000 watts but I've only had the opportunity to use them with 350 watts, which is all that I need for my giging situation.

These cabinets are ridiculously heavy. Way heavyer than any one person could carry. and barely with two! Peavy could have done a little better with this by AT LEAST putting on casters. but instead I had to spend the money and get a set of wheels.

The constuction is mediocre. It is covered in vinyl which tears easly. I already have more than a few rips in the cover from normal giging use. and I've only had the thing for less than a year.

The 410TVX has a adjustable tweeter which is nice because it screams. The speaker are good. If you use them with the matching head it is impossible to get distortion at high volumes. Which is very nice.

These cabinets are a steal for the price. They both have amazing deep end and good clarity. You'll have to bring a friend to help you carry them anywhere or buy a set of casters. In which case you still probably need some help. but, regardless, these cabinets are a great deal for some PHAT bass :)