Dunlop DVP1 Volume Pedal
Dunlop DVP1 Volume Pedal
Price engine
Classified Ads
Hatsubai 11/25/2011

Dunlop DVP1 Volume Pedal : Hatsubai's user review

« Has that wah pedal feel »

  • Like
  • Tweet
  • Partager
  • Submit
  • Email
For a long time, people have been wanting a volume pedal that feels like a wah pedal. For the longest time, nobody offered it. However, Dunlop has it, and it works just like you'd expect. It's your basic volume pedal with the input/output and a special input for your tuner. This is great for when you want to keep the tuner out of the overall signal path, but considering today's tuners are mostly true bypass, it's kinda unnecessary.


The pedal itself is build like a tank. I could throw this thing off of my house onto the street, and it would survive without any issues at all. That's one of the great things about these Dunlop pedals. They're built for road abuse in mind, and they can take some of the most aggressive punishment out there. The manual isn't needed for this device. Simply hook it up, and you're good to go. The pedal inputs/outputs are laid out in a way that it should be able to adapt in the spot where your old volume pedal was.


The sound is pretty much just like any other volume pedal out there. I mean, it's a volume pedal. The way this works is that they have a guitar pot inside here. While you move the treadle, the pot inside this moves. It's a very simple way of operating. There are two different ways to use this. One is to run it in front. This'll make it act just like your volume knob on your guitar. That means that you don't exactly have a linear style of control over it. I prefer running this in the loop as it sounds a lot more natural, and you can totally kill the amp/hiss/noise with it that way.


If you're looking for a volume pedal that has that wah pedal feel, this is where you need to look. Rocktron also has a great version if this if you're looking for expression pedals, and I happen to really like those. The Ernie Ball versions are great if you're looking for something a bit more old school.