The Outhouse Inerthia 1.70
The Outhouse presents the 1.70 version of Inerthia, a VCA Opto compressor plug-in for the PC VST format.
- Latency free. Zero ms Latency unless you hit the LAH ( Look A Head) 2 ms button.Then it would be 2 milliseconds LAH effectively killing any poor transient you might have had.
- Fast Attack time from 0 ms
- Fast Release with PDR (Program Dependent Release)
- Variable knee from Soft through Linear to Hard.
- Variable character from true VCA to Opto.
- A nice sounding Lowcut filter and Hicut filter with Q knobs so that you can add some bottom or high-end to your material. It also has a semi automatic bypass button that lets you double check what you are doing.
- A vintage styled SClip (softclip)
- A very broad Bandpass Side-chain that makes it easy to use as e.g. DeEsser or to get a vintage styled compression. A listen button lets your hear your sidechain signal and while that is engaged a flashing light above the Ratio knob will tell you that you are in "Listening mode"
- A mix parameter to mix the dry signal with the compressed.
- A input gain Trim to adjust for low gain signals or to modify the fixed Threshold (-30dB)
- Works at Sample Rate which gives very nice result. Especially if you belong to the lucky few that gets to use 96kHz or more.
- Two oldstyle VUs that can be set in 3 ways to display different things. e.g. VU 1 shows Left channel Output and VU 2 shows the Gain Reduction
- A variable Peakmeter that displays Input, Gain Reduction and Output. It can be set to display from -60dB up to -6dB by simply dragging your mouse up and down in the peakmeter area. Watch the result in the presets area.
Version 1.70 adds:
- Opto compression as an option. It is adjusted with a knob from VCA to Opto.
- A bunch of bugs iwere cleaned up n the sidechain part.
- Remade the graphics slightly to fit the new VCA-Opto knob. Also fixed the graphics around the peak meters.
- The softclip was moved so it's now placed after the sidechain listen and mono switches.
- Modified the Release times slightly.