or
Create an account

or

Thread MAC vs PC : the best solution for home recording/mixing ?

• 23 replies
  • 19 participants
  • 0 follower
1 MAC vs PC : the best solution for home recording/mixing ?
Hey,

I know there is already a post on the subject, but the question is now: what are you using for homestudio applications: PC or MAC? And why??
Show first post

%1$s a écrit [quote=track_master]Major differences between Mac and Pc's when it comes to Digital Audio Recording.

Through my 20 years of experience both pc's and mac's in the digital audio world
i would recommend anyone that is persuing a career in ANY type of recording purchase a MAC. Apple has designed the mac to handle pro audio VERY well. there is a difference in the way the audio "sounds" while recording onto a system channel
the I/O is unique, and if you are an experienced engineer such as myself you can distinguish the difference. NO i am not speaking of bounced analog/digital sound nor am i speaking of "mixed pre-masterd audio" i am speaking of the audio signal that is heard WHILE RECORDING IN REAL TIME. Mac's are audio work horses and stable, with a mac you dont have to worry about OS hardware compato. the same manufacture designed both the OS and the system which stops alot of harware-software glitches. i am not underestimating the pc its just that i have enough experience to know what's best for pro audio.:)

Ummmm....... Sounds different? Give me a break. The computer has nothing to do with sound quality. What audio hardware are you using? Maybe you need to give them the props? The converters in your hardware, not the machine they are plugged into, are responsible for sound quality. Just how much experience do you have ?[/quote]
super-quote :D
Anybody got experience using a Fireface 400 interface w/ a laptop, PC or Mac. Im looking to get a laptop. But I want one thats garanteed to work flawlessly w/ my FF400. Seen some Refurbished Macbook Pro for $1,300 - 1-700, not too bad for a new mach.
Otherwise Im thinking of a HP w/ : Intel Core 2 Duo ,at least 2GHz and 1 GB RAM. Michel
I am sure... mac is better. for graphics, recording and video editing.. though VM always create problems either it is mac or PC... here i found this site actually where u can find better deals for ram and softwares.. just thought that u might be interested in. check the http://www.splifit.com... they got cool things on auctions but ... nyway.. thanks. ;)
I use PC ONLY to run MX View of Tascam's MX 2424, and I have to restart it every 4-6 hours... so - Machintosh is the way to go.